Which Cruise Ships Leave From Baltimore
Are you planning a cruise vacation departing from Baltimore? Baltimore, Maryland, is a popular departure port for many cruise lines offering a variety of itineraries to exciting destinations. In this article, we will explore some of the cruise ships that leave from Baltimore and provide answers to common questions about cruising from this port.
Cruise Ships Departing from Baltimore:
1. Carnival Pride: Carnival Cruise Line offers year-round sailings from Baltimore on their ship, Carnival Pride. This ship offers various itineraries to the Bahamas, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
2. Royal Caribbean’s Grandeur of the Seas: Royal Caribbean International also offers year-round cruises from Baltimore on their ship, Grandeur of the Seas. This ship takes passengers on exciting cruises to Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
3. Celebrity Cruises: Celebrity Cruises occasionally offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, Celebrity Silhouette. These cruises often include stops in picturesque destinations such as the Caribbean and New England.
4. American Cruise Lines: American Cruise Lines, known for their small-ship luxury cruises, offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, American Star. These cruises explore the Chesapeake Bay and nearby historic towns.
5. American Queen Steamboat Company: The American Queen Steamboat Company offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, American Duchess. These cruises take passengers on the scenic waterways of the Eastern United States, including the Chesapeake Bay.
6. Norwegian Cruise Line: Norwegian Cruise Line occasionally offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, Norwegian Gem. These cruises typically visit the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
7. Holland America Line: Holland America Line offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, Zuiderdam. These cruises often include stops in the Caribbean and Bermuda.
8. Regent Seven Seas Cruises: Regent Seven Seas Cruises occasionally offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, Seven Seas Navigator. These luxury cruises often visit the Caribbean and New England.
9. Crystal Cruises: Crystal Cruises sometimes offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, Crystal Serenity. These cruises explore the eastern coast of the United States, including destinations like Charleston and Savannah.
10. Pearl Seas Cruises: Pearl Seas Cruises offers cruises from Baltimore on their ship, American Constitution. These cruises take passengers on a journey along the Eastern Seaboard, including stops in New England and Canada.
Common Questions and Answers:
1. How do I get to the cruise port in Baltimore?
The cruise port in Baltimore is conveniently located near the city’s downtown area. It is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation. There are also parking facilities available for those who wish to drive to the port.
2. Are there any hotels near the cruise port in Baltimore?
Yes, there are several hotels near the cruise port in Baltimore, offering convenient accommodation options for cruise passengers.
3. How long are the cruises from Baltimore?
The duration of cruises from Baltimore varies depending on the cruise line and itinerary. Most cruises range from 5 to 14 nights.
4. What documents do I need to board a cruise ship from Baltimore?
You will need a valid passport or government-issued photo ID, along with any necessary visas, to board a cruise ship from Baltimore.
5. Can I bring my own alcohol on the cruise ship?
Most cruise lines have restrictions on bringing your own alcohol on board. It is best to check with your specific cruise line for their policies.
6. Are there any dining options on the cruise ship?
Yes, all cruise ships offer a variety of dining options, including buffet-style restaurants, specialty restaurants, and room service.
7. What activities are available on board the cruise ship?
Cruise ships offer a wide range of activities, including swimming pools, fitness centers, casinos, live entertainment, shopping, and more.
8. Can I use my cell phone on the cruise ship?
Most cruise ships offer cellular service, but it can be quite expensive. It is recommended to check with your cell phone provider for international roaming options.
9. Is there Wi-Fi available on the cruise ship?
Yes, most cruise ships offer Wi-Fi service, but it may come at an additional cost.
10. What should I pack for a cruise from Baltimore?
It is recommended to pack comfortable clothing, swimwear, formal attire for special events, sunscreen, and any necessary medications.
11. Are there any age restrictions on the cruise ships?
Most cruise lines have age restrictions for certain activities and facilities on board. It is best to check with your specific cruise line for their policies.
12. Can I book shore excursions through the cruise line?
Yes, cruise lines offer a variety of shore excursions that can be booked in advance or onboard the ship.
13. What is the best time to cruise from Baltimore?
The best time to cruise from Baltimore depends on your desired destination. The cruise season in Baltimore typically runs from spring to fall, offering a variety of itineraries during this time.
In conclusion, Baltimore is a popular departure port for various cruise lines offering a wide range of itineraries. Whether you are looking for a tropical getaway or a historic journey, there is a cruise ship departing from Baltimore to suit your preferences. With convenient access to the port and numerous amenities available on board, a cruise vacation from Baltimore is a fantastic choice for travelers seeking a memorable experience.