Which Airline Is Better: Frontier or Spirit?
Choosing the right airline can often be a daunting task, especially when it comes to budget airlines like Frontier and Spirit. Both airlines offer low fares and have gained popularity among budget-conscious travelers. However, there are several factors to consider when deciding which airline is better suited to your needs. In this article, we will compare Frontier and Spirit based on various aspects to help you make an informed decision.
1. Price: Both Frontier and Spirit are known for their low fares, but Spirit tends to offer slightly cheaper flights on average. However, it is important to note that both airlines charge additional fees for services like seat selection, carry-on bags, and checked luggage.
2. Destinations: Frontier and Spirit operate flights to various domestic and international destinations. While Frontier focuses more on domestic routes, Spirit also offers flights to some popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America.
3. Fleet: Frontier has a relatively larger fleet compared to Spirit, which allows them to serve a broader range of destinations. However, Spirit has been expanding its fleet in recent years to cater to the increasing demand for their services.
4. Legroom: If legroom is an important factor for you, Frontier may be the better option. Frontier’s seats generally offer more legroom compared to Spirit, which can make a significant difference, especially on longer flights.
5. On-time performance: Both airlines have had mixed reviews when it comes to on-time performance. However, according to recent reports, Frontier has a slightly better on-time performance record compared to Spirit.
6. Customer service: Frontier has made significant improvements in recent years to enhance its customer service. On the other hand, Spirit has often received criticism for its customer service, primarily due to its strict policies and additional fees. However, it is important to note that experiences may vary from one flight to another.
7. Rewards program: Frontier has a loyalty program called Frontier Miles, which allows passengers to earn miles when flying with the airline. Spirit also has a loyalty program called Free Spirit, which offers various benefits to frequent flyers.
8. In-flight amenities: Both Frontier and Spirit are considered no-frills airlines, meaning they do not provide many complimentary amenities. However, Spirit has a reputation for charging for even basic amenities like water, whereas Frontier offers some complimentary services like in-flight entertainment.
9. Cancellation and change policies: Frontier and Spirit have different cancellation and change policies. It is essential to review these policies before booking as they can significantly impact your travel plans.
10. Baggage fees: Both airlines charge additional fees for carry-on bags and checked luggage. However, Spirit generally has higher baggage fees compared to Frontier. It is crucial to review the baggage policies of both airlines to avoid any surprises at the airport.
11. Safety record: Safety is a crucial consideration when choosing an airline. Both Frontier and Spirit have a decent safety record, and they comply with the necessary safety regulations.
12. Flight frequency: Frontier and Spirit have different flight frequencies to various destinations. It is advisable to check the flight schedules of both airlines to ensure they align with your travel plans.
13. Overall experience: The overall experience with Frontier and Spirit can vary depending on individual preferences. Some passengers may prefer Frontier’s better legroom, while others may prioritize Spirit’s lower fares. It is advisable to consider your specific needs and priorities when making a decision.
In conclusion, both Frontier and Spirit offer low-cost travel options, but there are several factors to consider when deciding which airline is better suited to your needs. While Spirit may offer slightly cheaper fares on average, Frontier has better legroom and customer service. Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on your personal preferences, travel plans, and priorities. It is advisable to carefully review the information provided and consider the factors that are most important to you before making a decision.