Where to Go Strawberry Picking Near Me
Strawberry picking is a fun and delicious activity that allows you to enjoy the fresh taste of juicy strawberries straight from the field. If you’re wondering where to go strawberry picking near you, we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re looking for a family outing or a romantic date idea, strawberry picking is a great way to spend a sunny day outdoors. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best strawberry picking locations and answer some common questions about this delightful activity.
1. Johnson’s Corner Farm – Medford, NJ: Johnson’s Corner Farm offers a delightful strawberry picking experience, with acres of strawberry fields to explore. They also provide other family-friendly activities like hayrides and a petting zoo.
2. Tanaka Farms – Irvine, CA: Located in the heart of Orange County, Tanaka Farms is a popular destination for strawberry picking. Visitors can take a wagon ride to the strawberry fields, where they can pick their own strawberries and enjoy beautiful scenic views.
3. Mayberry Farm – Union, CT: Mayberry Farm is a charming family-owned farm that offers strawberry picking during the season. With a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to spend a day with your loved ones.
4. Suwannee Farms – Live Oak, FL: Suwannee Farms is known for its delicious strawberries and offers a great picking experience. You can enjoy picking strawberries while taking in the beautiful countryside scenery.
5. Whittamore’s Farm – Markham, ON: Located just outside of Toronto, Whittamore’s Farm is a popular destination for strawberry picking. They offer a variety of activities for all ages, including wagon rides, a farmyard play area, and a corn maze.
6. Eckert’s Belleville Farm – Belleville, IL: Eckert’s Belleville Farm is a family-owned farm that has been in operation for over 175 years. Visitors can enjoy strawberry picking, as well as other activities like wagon rides and a children’s play area.
7. Pikes Peak Farms – Avondale, CO: Pikes Peak Farms is a picturesque strawberry farm located near Colorado Springs. They offer a scenic location for strawberry picking, with stunning views of Pikes Peak in the background.
8. Butler’s Orchard – Germantown, MD: Butler’s Orchard is a beautiful farm that offers pick-your-own strawberries during the season. They also have a market where you can purchase other fresh produce and homemade goodies.
9. Underwood Family Farms – Moorpark, CA: Underwood Family Farms is a popular destination for strawberry picking in Southern California. They offer a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, making it a great place for a family outing.
10. Terhune Orchards – Princeton, NJ: Terhune Orchards is a charming farm that offers strawberry picking during the season. They also have a winery on-site, where you can enjoy a wine tasting after a day of picking.
11. Sweet Berry Farm – Middletown, RI: Sweet Berry Farm is a delightful farm located in Rhode Island. They offer strawberry picking, as well as other activities like hayrides and a farm stand with fresh produce and homemade treats.
12. Saunders Brothers Farm Market – Piney River, VA: Saunders Brothers Farm Market is a family-owned farm that offers strawberry picking in a scenic setting. They also have a market where you can purchase other fresh produce and local products.
Common Questions and Answers:
1. When is strawberry picking season?
Strawberry picking season varies depending on the region and climate. In most areas, it typically starts in late spring and lasts through early summer.
2. What should I wear for strawberry picking?
Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. It’s also a good idea to wear sunscreen, a hat, and closed-toe shoes.
3. Do I need to bring my own containers?
Some farms provide containers for picking, while others may require you to bring your own. It’s best to call ahead and check with the farm you plan to visit.
4. Can I taste the strawberries while picking?
Most farms allow you to taste the strawberries while picking, but it’s important to be respectful and not overindulge.
5. Are there any age restrictions for strawberry picking?
Strawberry picking is suitable for all ages. It’s a great activity for families, couples, or even solo adventures.
6. Are strawberries organic at pick-your-own farms?
While some farms may follow organic practices, not all pick-your-own farms are certified organic. If organic produce is important to you, it’s best to inquire about farming practices before visiting.
7. Can I bring my dog to the farm?
Pets are usually not allowed in the strawberry fields due to food safety regulations. However, many farms have designated pet-friendly areas or walking trails where you can enjoy time with your furry friend.
8. What happens if it rains on the day I plan to go strawberry picking?
Some farms may close their fields during inclement weather. It’s always a good idea to check the farm’s website or call ahead to confirm if they are open.
9. Can I bring my own food for a picnic at the farm?
Many farms have designated picnic areas where you can enjoy your own food. Some farms also have food stands or cafes where you can purchase snacks or meals.
10. Can I buy pre-picked strawberries instead of picking my own?
Most farms offer pre-picked strawberries for those who prefer not to pick their own. These are often available for purchase at the farm’s market or stand.
11. Are there any additional activities at strawberry picking farms?
Many strawberry picking farms offer additional activities such as hayrides, farm animal encounters, corn mazes, or playgrounds. Check the farm’s website or call ahead to see what other attractions they offer.
12. Are there any discounts or coupons available for strawberry picking?
Some farms may offer discounts or coupons for strawberry picking. Check the farm’s website, social media pages, or local coupon books for any available offers.
Strawberry picking is a delightful experience that allows you to connect with nature and enjoy the fruits of your labor. With a variety of farms available across different regions, there’s sure to be a strawberry picking destination near you. So grab your friends or family, put on your sun hat, and head out to enjoy a day of picking fresh and delicious strawberries.