Where to Eat on the Riverwalk San Antonio
The San Antonio Riverwalk is a vibrant and bustling area filled with restaurants that offer a wide range of cuisines and dining experiences. Whether you are a local or a visitor, finding the perfect place to eat on the Riverwalk can be quite the task. To help you make the most of your dining experience, here is a guide to some of the best restaurants on the Riverwalk.
1. Boudro’s Texas Bistro – Known for its famous tableside guacamole and sizzling fajitas, Boudro’s offers a taste of Texas cuisine with a modern twist. The restaurant’s riverside patio provides a scenic view of the river, making it a popular choice among tourists and locals alike.
2. Casa Rio – Established in 1946, Casa Rio is one of the oldest restaurants on the Riverwalk. It serves classic Tex-Mex dishes such as enchiladas, tacos, and tamales. With its colorful decor and lively atmosphere, Casa Rio is a must-visit for anyone looking to experience the true flavors of San Antonio.
3. Acenar – If you’re craving contemporary Mexican cuisine, Acenar is the place to go. This upscale restaurant offers a diverse menu that includes fresh seafood, creative cocktails, and delicious desserts. The sleek and modern interior adds to the overall dining experience.
4. Biga on the Banks – For a fine dining experience on the Riverwalk, Biga on the Banks is a top choice. This award-winning restaurant offers an indulgent menu featuring dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients. The elegant ambiance and impeccable service make it an ideal spot for a special occasion.
5. Ostra – Seafood lovers will delight in the offerings at Ostra. This upscale seafood restaurant prides itself on serving the freshest catch from both local and international waters. The waterfront patio seating allows guests to enjoy their meal while taking in the scenic beauty of the Riverwalk.
6. Rosario’s Mexican Cafe y Cantina – Rosario’s is a local favorite known for its authentic Mexican cuisine and vibrant atmosphere. From street tacos to sizzling fajitas, the menu offers a variety of dishes that are sure to satisfy any cravings. The lively bar area is perfect for enjoying a margarita or two.
7. Paesanos Riverwalk – Paesanos is a beloved Italian restaurant that has been serving delicious pasta, seafood, and steaks for over 50 years. The riverside patio offers a romantic setting for a memorable dining experience. Don’t forget to try their signature dish, the Shrimp Paesano.
8. Iron Cactus – With its extensive tequila bar and flavorful Tex-Mex cuisine, Iron Cactus is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. The restaurant’s rooftop patio provides a breathtaking view of the Riverwalk, making it an ideal place to unwind and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
9. The Original Mexican Restaurant – Established in 1988, The Original Mexican Restaurant is a family-owned establishment that serves traditional Mexican dishes with a modern twist. From the classic margaritas to the mouthwatering enchiladas, the menu offers a wide range of options for all taste buds.
10. Michelino’s – If you’re in the mood for Italian comfort food, Michelino’s is the place to go. This cozy restaurant offers a menu filled with homemade pasta, wood-fired pizzas, and delicious desserts. The intimate setting and friendly staff make it a perfect spot for a romantic dinner.
11. Lone Star Cafe – Lone Star Cafe is a casual dining spot known for its hearty American fare. From juicy burgers to grilled steaks, the menu offers a variety of options for meat lovers. The outdoor seating area provides a great view of the Riverwalk and is perfect for people-watching.
12. The Luxury – For a unique dining experience, head to The Luxury. This open-air eatery offers a menu filled with gourmet sandwiches, salads, and craft beer. The laid-back atmosphere and picnic table seating make it a perfect spot to relax and enjoy a delicious meal.
Common Questions and Answers:
1. Are reservations necessary at these restaurants?
Reservations are recommended, especially during peak tourist seasons. However, some restaurants may also accept walk-ins depending on availability.
2. Are these restaurants vegetarian-friendly?
Yes, many of these restaurants offer vegetarian options on their menus.
3. Do these restaurants cater to dietary restrictions?
Most of these restaurants are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions such as gluten-free or dairy-free options. It’s best to inform the server of any specific requirements when placing your order.
4. Can I bring my own alcohol to these restaurants?
No, bringing outside alcohol is generally not allowed. However, most restaurants have a wide variety of alcoholic beverages on their menus.
5. Do these restaurants offer takeout or delivery?
Yes, many of these restaurants offer takeout options. Some also partner with food delivery services for convenient home delivery.
6. Are children allowed in these restaurants?
Yes, these restaurants are family-friendly and welcome children.
7. Are these restaurants open for breakfast?
Some restaurants on the Riverwalk open for breakfast, while others start serving later in the day. It’s best to check their websites or call ahead for specific opening hours.
8. Do these restaurants have outdoor seating?
Yes, many restaurants on the Riverwalk have outdoor seating, allowing guests to enjoy the scenic views while dining.
9. Are these restaurants wheelchair accessible?
Most restaurants on the Riverwalk are wheelchair accessible, but it’s advisable to contact the restaurant ahead of time to ensure accessibility.
10. Do these restaurants have vegan options?
While some restaurants may have vegan options, it’s best to check their menus or call ahead to inquire about specific vegan offerings.
11. Are these restaurants pet-friendly?
Pets are generally not allowed in indoor dining areas. However, some restaurants may have outdoor seating where pets are permitted.
12. Can I host private events or parties at these restaurants?
Yes, many of these restaurants have private event spaces and offer catering services for special occasions. It’s recommended to contact the restaurant directly to discuss your specific event needs.
In conclusion, the San Antonio Riverwalk is a culinary paradise with a wide range of restaurants offering diverse cuisines and dining experiences. From Tex-Mex to Italian, seafood to American fare, there is something to satisfy every palate. So, whether you’re a local or a visitor, make sure to explore the vibrant dining scene on the Riverwalk and indulge in the delicious offerings.