Via del Corso, Rome

Know about this? Rate It!

The shop front of the store.
    by opalwhale_79
  • The very rude and unhelpful store manager.
    The very rude and unhelpful store...
    by opalwhale_79
    Inside Galleria Alberto Sordi
    by rita_simoes
  • Shoe shop next to Carpisa, Via Del Corso 110/111: VERY BAD SERVICE BY MANAGER OF SHOE SHOP

by opalwhale_79 Written Jun 9, 2015

This shop is located between Carpisa and David Hamilton near Sisley on Via Del Corso in Rome, Italy. I walked into the store about 4:30 pm and basically left at 7 pm or so when the shop was closing and their so-called manager chased me out of the shop although I was sitting on a bench in the shop for 2 plus hours waiting for service but nobody served me. I had picked out 3 or 4 pairs of shoes and asked for the other sides to be brought over so I could try the comfort level of the shoes but the staff were very unaccommodating and rude and unhelpful save for this one girl with straight long hair in glasses.

The so-called manager came over and pointed at me whilst I was sitting on the bench waiting for service and said very sternly that I was not allowed to try so many pairs of shoes. 3 or 4 pairs is so many? The customers sitting on the same bench next to me had tried on more pairs of shoes than me. This is a shoe store, if I can't try the shoes, how can I buy them?

Eventually, they said that the shop was closing but there was a couple who strolled in and proceeded to try many pairs of shoes although the shop was supposedly closing and they had tried to chase me out after leaving me waiting for 2 plus hours without trying to serve me at all. I then asked this one girl with straight long hair and in glasses for a certain pair of shoes to buy, the so-called manager of the shop went to this girl and took away the box that I was about to pay for and brought it back to the store room without even telling me. She basically treated me as invisible. I was so indignant at the service that I told the so-called manager that I was going to take a photo of her and write a complaint to her headquarters. She then gave me a very smug smile when I took her photo.

I am appalled at the level of service that a manager of a shoe shop could provide. She was nothing but rude and uncouth and mean throughout. Also, she raised her voice to shout at me in the end saying that the reason why I could not buy my pair of shoes was because I tried too many pairs to begin with. I mean, seriously?

Ps. I bought the pair of shoes I wanted from the store online at cheaper than what they were selling it for. I wouldn't have minded paying a little bit more because shopping should be an experience, but with service like that, I wouldn't be surprised if this shop turns away revenue from tourists because of the bad attitude of their so-called manager.

This shop stocks shoes from Windsor Smith, Steve Madden and other international brands. They're a stockist and do not carry any labels of their own.

What to buy: Please do not buy anything from this shop.

What to pay: Shoes here are 2 times the price of the same that you can purchase online.

The very rude and unhelpful store manager. The shop front of the store.
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

• rita_simoes's Profile Photo

Via del Corso: Best shopping street in Rome

by rita_simoes Written May 14, 2008

Via del Corso is one of the main streets of Rome and my favourite shopping spot. Here you can find the big international stores, like Zara, Nike and Adidas, the big Italian stores, such as Feltrinelli (the equivalent of Fnac, where you can find Italian books and music), Carpisa (bags) and Havana (affordable women clothes) and some other smaller shops with great bargains (and, sure, also some shops where I do not even dare to enter - my wallet and my boyfriend forbidden me!).

Make sure you enter Galleria Alberto Sordi (who was a Roman actor, btw) - it's a very nice building and there are some caffés inside where you can relax if you're too tired and it's too hot.

In all of my visits to Rome, a trip through this street, from Piazza Venezia up to Piazza del Popolo (where we always stop to eat an ice cream seated in the steps of one of the churches) is mandatory. I try to leave to the last days, though, or no more money for pizza and gelato! :P

What to buy: Everything - clothes, shoes, bags, cds, books, toys, souvenirs, etc.

What to pay: There's plenty of choice for all kinds of wallets!

Inside Galleria Alberto Sordi

• Giulia_ua's Profile Photo

Via del Corso and Piazza di Spagna: the place I always get lost...

by Giulia_ua Written Apr 15, 2008

this district is a paradise for those who feels urgent need to spend lots of money. Starting from Piazza di Spagna there are several streets going: Via Condottoi, Via Frattini, Via Borgognona, and Via Babuino plus some smaller ones crossing these ones. they go eaither to Via del Corso or Piazza del Popolo. In this small district, you can find all fashion shops - LV, Gucci, Dolce&Gabanna,PRADA, YSL, Celine, Pollini, Baldinini, Sergio Rossi, ETRO.... and much more. Via del Corso, from Piazza del Popolo to Piazza Colonna is full of small shops of local brands (perfect conbination of price/quality) like Nara Camicie, HFN and internationals - like ZARA, Benetton, etc.

Every time I am coming to Rome I am spending one day in this district and always find something nice and stylish.

What to pay: you can spend lots and lots... the only limit is a credit card LOL Espacially if you are shopoholic as I am.

Piazza di Spagna and Via Condotti FENDI shop Via del CORSO

• Gloke's Profile Photo

Via Corso: Clothing

by Gloke Written Apr 10, 2006

When you walk on via corso you will see the main stores of all the big designers. When you pass to the side streets though you will find nice shops too with reasonable prices. Also you are free to walk in and out in those shops while in the main street the shopowners will follow you around in the store which bothered me very much.

What to pay: Be sure to have a lot of money when you want to buy on Via Corso

• Luxury Travel

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Via del Corso: Via del Corso

by Jmill42 Written Feb 28, 2004

What to buy: Via Veneto might be the more well-known shopping street in Rome, but I prefer Via del Corso. My reasons are not only that it is generally much cheaper, but you can start in my favorite piazza, Piazza del Popolo, walk the full length of the street and end up in Piazza Venezia! Sight see and shop at the same time! Every imaginable type of clothing, for all genders and ages, line the street. Of course, there are great places to eat along the road, but don't waste your money there. Just a few streets off del Corso, you can find great eateries that the locals eat at, and they are almost invariably cheaper.

A histroical note; the length of Via del Corso was used for horse racing. But, not the kind we know. Leave it to the creators of gladiatorial games to invent a cruel way to treat an animal and get some laughs out of it. What they used to do was to drug the horses with a kind of hallucinagenic substance, starve them for food for days, and then put them at the end of the del Corso and let them lose down the track. Drugged, hungry, pissed off horses; hows that for entertainment?

Yeah, me either...