McDonald's, Rome

3.5 out of 5 stars 8 Reviews

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Just go take a look, you don't have to eat there!

by Karlie85 Written Sep 23, 2008

Normally I would never write a restaurant tip for a McDonald's, as everyone has a pretty firm view of McDonald's and their food, whatever it may be. And people generally always know what to expect there and they are everywhere, so no tips are needed. This McDonald's, however, is a little bit different. This was the first McDonald's to open in Rome back in 1986. Italians were hesitant to open such an "unclassy" restaurant in the ancient city, so McDonald's pulled out all the stops to make their restaurant fit in. The décor fits in with the Roman theme, featuring marble walls and fountains, a separate counter for gelato and a somewhat more "elegant" (for McDonald's) eating area. The restaurant is quite large. Even if you don't like the food, you should stop by this McDonald's just for a look. It is, of course, very busy.

• McDonalds: Best location ever

by Krulltinis Written Jun 30, 2005

I know, MacDonalds when going to Rome, sorry, but we did... But the MacDonalds just in front of Pantheon might just have been the cosiest McDonalds I´ve ever been to. Cheap, as usual, and with live music, entertainment and a magic view over the Piazza and Pantheon in the back...

Favorite Dish: Oh, you make your own pick ;)

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

McDonald's: There's one in every town...

by fairy_dust Written Apr 3, 2004

Most of the time, we had bag lunches provided by the tour company, so we didn't eat at restaurants often. But occasionally we did go to McDonald's for lunch. We went to the one in the Termini station and another one in town somewhere. The one in town was huge - 2 stories high. I'd never seen a McDonald's that big before. Also, at the one in the Termini station, they put loads of salt on the fries. One girl in my group described the fries as "salt with a little bit of potato". It was very crowded when we went, but the fact that we were there for World Youth Day with over 2 million people from around the world might have contributed to that.

Favorite Dish: They don't have the Big Xtra in Italy, so I always ate a Big Mac.

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Food

by bugalugs Updated May 10, 2003

It would be impossible for me to recommend a certain restaurant. We enjoyed some really nice meals, but did not have a particular favourite.

I must add though (and there will probably be people screaming at me from the four corners of the world for writing this - lol) that we did have our 13 year old son who was such a faddy eater (he is a bit better now) and he wanted a McDonalds!!!!!!!!!! We did eventually find one near to the church of St. John Lateran. With your back facing the church there is a large road on the right hand side called the Via Appia Nuova and along there on the right hand side near to the Piaaza Dei Re De Roma is a McDonalds.

• Packerman's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Take your kids here for the sake of other adults

by Packerman Updated Feb 2, 2003

A great place to take 2 small children. It's just not easy taking 2 children under 6 years of age to a nice sit down European restaurant. We saved money and the kids got their treats, dolls, french fries, and chicken nuggets.

Favorite Dish: Happy meals with the Betty spaghetti dolls.

McDonalds on Via del Corso

• Mr_Edd_20's Profile Photo

I didn't find any restaurant...

by Mr_Edd_20 Written Aug 26, 2002

I didn't find any restaurant in particular that really stuck out in my mind except McDonalds.......j/k

I can just warn you this: I ended up spending more on food during my 4 days in rome, than I spent on all traveling and lodging expenses combined!! like 30+Euros each time I ate....chose wisely!

Favorite Dish: clam and mussel scampi

The picture is of St. Peter's Cathedral, the largest church in the world.

• lois_lane's Profile Photo

Stand where we are standing...

by lois_lane Written Aug 25, 2002

Stand where we are standing here (in front of the pantheon in rome), you'll see a McDonalds infront of you. Go up the street to the right of the mcDonalds. Walk for about 150 meters or so, and there it is on your left, the best icecream shoppe in the world. Hundreds of flavours...I visited this particular site a few times..

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

McD's/BK: Dirty, Dirty, Dirty!

by Donna_in_India Updated Jul 17, 2009

Everyone recommends going into a McD's or BK to use the restroom. The McD's and BKs in Rome were so dirty you wouldn't want to use the restroom much less eat there!

One of Rome's Many, Many McD's