Massage, Bangkok

Raintree Spa

by blueskyjohn Updated Jul 15, 2015

This is actually a chain spa with three locations in Bangkok. I went to the one on Sukhumvit Soi 11. This is now officially my go to place in Bangkok. Reasonably priced and the massage each time I went was excellent. When you walk in you are greeted at a small desk where you can sit and look through their massage options. I always go for a foot massage. This cost 350 Baht. To the left is a change room with lockers. You are asked to change into a light loose pants. Then you are led to a circular massage room with about 8 chairs around the outside of the room. In the middle of the room is a waterfall feature that is very relaxing.

You sit in a very relaxing recline chair. Your feet are cleaned in a small tub of hot water then a scrub is applied to work this into your skin. I had blisters on my feet from all the walking. I pointed this out to my attendant and she was very careful in that area. Between the great foot massage and the sound of the waterfall in the center of the room, it wasn't long until I fell asleep.. Woke up near the end. After the foot massage the attendant asked me to sit up on the chair she was using and gave me a 5 minute massage on my shoulders and head. A perfect finish.

After you change and come back to the main room to pay, they offer a nice cup of tea in a seating area. After my tea, I tipped the attendant nicely and was on my way.

A perfect end to the day!

Address: Sukhumvit Rd,. Soi 11, Bangkok

Phone: 2651 2206-7

Website: http://www.raintreespa.net/soi11-about-us.html

• Spa and Resort

Baan Dalah Mindbody Spa

by blueskyjohn Updated Jul 15, 2015

This is a small store front location with a large Buddha face with water flowing over it. The interior has foot massage chair immediately when you walk in on the left and there are more upstairs and in a back room. I walked in after a long day of walking for a foot massage. I was led to the back room by an attendant and sat back in a reclining chair.

While the actual massage was good, the preparation and atmosphere was not. First, the traditional cleansing of the feet was done with cold water. and the oil/cream afterwards was also cold like they had it in a refrigerator. The color of the room is soothing and the lighting dim but it is a very loud place. First,, staff started cleaning buckets, banging them together just as I was relaxing. After 5 or so minutes of this, my attendant saw I was not happy with this and told them to stop. Great! But soon after this, a couple came in for a foot massage and wouldn't you know they brought their infant child. You guessed it, screaming and crying the rest of the time. While I can't really blame the location for this, it added to the overall unfortunate experience.

The one hour foot massage cost 350 Baht. I would not return.

Directions: On Sukhumvit Soi 8 only a few doors from the corner with Sukhumvit Road near Nana BTS station.

Website: http://www.baandalahmindbodyspa.com/

• Singles

Prauw Spa

by blueskyjohn Updated Jul 15, 2015

This is a small shop on Sukhumvit at the corner of Soi 8. Although it is small and not flashy, they still provide a quality foot massage which is what I went there for. I can tell the quality of the massage based on if I fall asleep, how fast and for how long. It is a peaceful setting with relaxing music playing softly in the back round. I'd say I fell asleep about 20 minutes in and woke with about 10 minutes left. Not bad.

I selected one hour for 300 Baht. I would go here again if convenient but there are so many places in Bangkok, nothing really stood out to separate them from the rest.

Address: Corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 8

Directions: Near the Nana BTS station

Phone: +66 2 253 0039

Bai Po Massage

by blueskyjohn Updated Oct 5, 2014

After a long day of walking and sight seeing, one of my favorite things to do is get a foot massage. This location doesn't look like much from the outside. It is connected to the Bangkok Inn Hotel. You have to enter the hotel to get into the spa. In the front room, that can also be seen in from the street, is a row of about 8-10 reclining chairs. So not much privacy. However the foot massage was probably the best I had during my time in Bangkok. The massage was slightly high at 350bht. I would definitely go for a foot massage here again.

Hours:

• Spa and Resort

• davidjo's Profile Photo

WHERE THAI MASSAGE HAS ITS ROOTS

by davidjo Written Aug 2, 2014

In 1788 work began on the construction of Wat Pho, built on the site of a former temple, Wat Phodharam, but has been restored in early 19th century by King Rama III and again in 1982.
    Even before the temple was built there were statues of yoga positions and it was a center of education for traditional Thai medicine.
    The northern walled compound contains the Reclining Buddha and the massage school, while the southern walled compound contains the monastery (Tukgawee) and a school.

Address: Tha Tien Pier, Chao Phraya River, Bangkok

Directions: The entrance to Wat Pho is on Chetuphon road. Entrance is 20B. It's open every day, opening hours are from 08.00am to 5.00pm, with a break from 12.00pm to 1.00pm.

Phone: 02-221-991

Website: http://www.discoverthailand.com/

• Photography

• FateD's Profile Photo

Good & Cheap Thai massage in Bangkok Review

by FateD Written Feb 3, 2013

I’ve been searching for good and cheap Thai experienced massage therapist in Bangok, Thailand for over 10 years. Now I’ve found her :)

I just found this place from my friend’s recommendation. This Thai massagist is working alone at her own room as you can see in the picture below. Her place is in Sukhumvit 101/1 Road. (Punnawithi BTS Skytrain Station and take a taxi to the end of the Soi)

She’s so specialised on oil massage using her elbow or can be called stripping—that is, the slow, continuous application of pressure with oil along a narrow and deep bank of tissue.

When I had the massage with her, I just told her that it’s painful on my shoulder, arm, and my back. That’s it. I didn’t need to point out where’re the deep tissues or tendons that caused pain. She just used her elbow to go around with the oil and finally found where’re the trouble spots or fasciitis. It’s so amazing.

She’s ceremonious person. She used her elbow searching for fasiciitis stroke by stroke. If it’s the trouble area, she paid special attention on fixing and getting rid of fasciitis on the specific spots in muscle and tendons which cause pain when pressed before going on to the others on my back.

Toward the end of our time, she tried so hard to get those knots out. Those knots have been there for years and haven't gone away, despite several massages. It took me 2 hours just for one side shoulder and back. I almost get rid of shoulder and back fasciitis in one side at that time. I came back the other week for another side since I didn’t have that much time.

After having the massage, the pain areas are not bruises, but are thought by some to be small areas of spasm. It may be caused by sudden trauma (like falling or being hit), or may develop over time from the stress and strain of heavy physical exertion or from repeated use of a particular muscle.

If you have Neck shoulder or back muscles fasciitis aches and tightness, I recommend her. Please note that I am not and was not sponsored by her. It’s my true heart to recommend you guys who live in Thailand and have the same problems as I used to have.

Her name is Jam-Nien. Her phone is 089-046-5396. SHE CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH.

If you want to make an appointment, please ask your Thai friend to call. As she works alone, it might be difficult to make an appointment. If she does a good job, don’t forget to give her a tip :).

Please note that her place is not really neat, clean, and nice as other business Thai massage houses you’ve been as it’s her own room where she sleeps. If you don’t mind the package and are focusing on the quality. This place is for you!!

Her expertise on Thai massage helps you get into good shape faster, and with less stiffness and soreness. It helps you recover faster from heavy workouts, and relieves conditions which may cause injury.

Once again, SHE CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH. Please ask your Thai friend to help.

For more photos, please refer to my blog at

darksideofme.exteen.com/20130112/good-cheap-thai-massage-in-bangkok-review

Hope this helps :)

Address: Sukhumvit Soi 101/1

Directions: Sukhumvit Soi 101/1 and take taxi

Phone: 089-046-5396

Website: http://darksideofme.exteen.com/20130112/good-cheap-thai-massage-in-bangkok-review

Jam-Nien
    • Eco-Tourism

• Rinjani's Profile Photo

Relax and Stretch in Thai Massage

by Rinjani Written Jun 10, 2012

Everywhere you go in Bangkok, there are always massage parlors offering service. In the road in front of our Rembrandt Hotel at Soi SHukumvit 18, there are number of massages, offering service starting from 200THB/hour.

Thai massage is very relaxing, as you are stretched by the therapist. You will be asked to change the clothes with loose outfit (yoga type of outfit). The problem with Thai massage (for me) is that you can’t fall asleep, as you need to stay awake during stretched.

Address: Everywhere

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Get a massage to relax you before your flight

by UKDaisy Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you have some time to spare before your flight, why not get yourself a massage, at one of three branches of Chang Foot Massage & Spa in Suvarnabhumi Airport. Word of warning though, foot massages (generally) can be quite ticklish or painful at times.

Address: Suvarnabhumi Airport

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• Blind Massage

by jbkulp Written Mar 11, 2011

This is my favorite place to go for a Thai massage. Not only because you help out the blind who are the masseurs, but because they are professionally trained and know exactly what they are doing. To get there, take the BTS in the direction of On Nut and get off at the Ekamai station. Then head backwards in the direction from which the train is headed--On Nut-- and exit on the right. Walk straight ahead and cross the street. Turn right and walk down about 100 yards. You will see the massage parlor there. It costs 350 baht for a 2 hour massage. I was just there yesterday. You won't be disappointed.

Directions: See above.

• snailmail's Profile Photo

thai massage

by snailmail Updated Nov 21, 2010

i went to wat pho (the reclining budha temple) and found the thai massage centre there is highly recommended. later i just knew that thai massage was firstly learned at wat pho some hundred years ago.

Address: Wat Pho

Directions: The entrance to Wat Pho is on Chetuphon road. Entrance is 40B. It's open every day, opening hours are from 08.00am to 5.00pm, with a break from 12.00pm to 1.00pm.

• Women's Travel

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

Thai Massage: The lazy person's guide to yoga

by ancient_traveler Updated Jul 16, 2008

Spas and salons offering traditional Thai massage are as common in Bangkok as fruit vendors and dance remixes of 'My Humps'. Finding a location is not difficult, though discovering a high quality place that suits your particular fancy sometimes requires a bit of guidance. Many of the city's fine hotels these days sport their own lavish in-house spas too, where you'd be able to enjoy a wide range of spa and massage treatments. Also have a look at the advertisers on this page who are offering some great specials.

If you want to try the real thing, Wat Po (The Temple of the Reclining Buddha) offers Thai massage in its most traditional form, taken from the original inscriptions in stone commissioned by King Rama III, great-grandfather of the present king. The easiest way to get to Wat Po is by boat. Take the Chao Phraya River Express to the Tha Thien pier, then walk through the market and up the short street. Wat Po is directly across the intersection, on your right. On the left is the rear wall of the Grand Palace.

Open: 08:00 - 17:00 (massage available until 18:00).
    Location: Maharat Road, about a half mile south of the Grand Palace
    (Visitors must pay an entrance fee of 20 baht at the booths just inside the north or south, entrances.)

video from youtube:

Thai massage parlor, beside Samran Hotel

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

by Snipernurse Updated Jun 29, 2008

I never thought I'd ever say it, but I did in Thailand... "I think if I get another massage today I might be sick". Yes thats right. I had had enough of massages in Thailand. Not because they aren't great, cause they are, but because I decided to have one for 14 days straight, muscles can only get so loose! Thai massage is a great way to relax after a day of sightseeing, and is pretty cheap too! With the most expensive hour massage running no more than 20$ including tip. Definately have one a day until you feel like you can not stand another, because when you get home you won't be forking out the 60$ an hour it costs for a massage.

The usual massage garb

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

by nattybabe Written Jun 25, 2008

While in Thailand you must have a Thai massage. The price varies from city to city but I paid 160 Baht just off Khao San Road in a salon I found just simply by taking a walk. I decided to go in and I'm incredibly glad I did! It could be that I was exhausted from an overnight flight from Australia or it could be that she was a great massuer! Or a combination of both? All I know is that I felt incredibly relaxed afterwards and that it was worth the money.

I didn't realise I could bend that way! Basically what they do is massage you while you are fully clothed. They use their whole bodies in the massage including their feet and you will find yourself in the strangest positions all in the name of working your pressure points.

Absolutely magical!!

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Written Mar 29, 2008

You had a tiring day in Bangkok, visiting the temples, walking around, shopping and so on. Don't you need to relax? Well, Thai massage can give you this relaxation for a cheap cost. There are so many massage parlours all around Bangkok and the prices are very cheap. For an hour Thai massage, it will cost you around 200 THB. You also have other options such as foot massage or oil massage. Me and my girlfriend took a classic Thai massage for an hour and that was enough relaxing for us after a long day. We did the same the other day just before we headed to Bangkok Airport.

After massage Massage parlour My girlfriend looks relaxed

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Do try!

by PierreZA Written Mar 29, 2008

Traditionally Thai massage is something worth trying.
    There are many, many massage services all over Bangkok.
    Also try a foot massage - it is quite amazing what can be done to your feet in an hour's time.
    Average price (March 2008)
    Thai massage 200-300 Baht per hour
    Foot massage 150-100 Baht per hour
    Oil massages 300 Baht per hour

Address: Everywhere in Bangkok

A very familiar face in Bangkok

Instant Answers: Bangkok