How to Use Flight Credit on Southwest
Southwest Airlines is renowned for its excellent customer service and flexibility when it comes to flight changes and cancellations. If you find yourself with flight credit on Southwest, you can easily apply it towards your future bookings. In this article, we will guide you through the process of using flight credit on Southwest, so you can make the most of your travel funds.
Using flight credit on Southwest is a straightforward process that can be completed online. To get started, follow these simple steps:
1. Visit the Southwest Airlines website and click on the “Book” tab.
2. Enter your desired travel details, including departure and arrival cities, dates, and number of passengers.
3. On the payment page, select the option “Southwest® gift card, Travel Funds, or Southwest LUV Voucher” as your payment method.
4. Enter the confirmation number for your flight credit, which can be found on the original reservation confirmation or in the email you received when the flight was cancelled.
5. Click “Apply” to deduct the flight credit amount from your total fare.
6. Complete the booking process by providing passenger and payment information.
Now that you know how to use flight credit on Southwest, let’s address some common questions related to this topic:
1. What is flight credit?
Flight credit is the amount of money you have with the airline that can be used towards future bookings. It is typically issued when you cancel a flight or when Southwest cancels a flight you were booked on.
2. How long is flight credit valid for?
Flight credit on Southwest is usually valid for one year from the date of issue. It is important to use the credit before it expires to avoid losing the funds.
3. Can flight credit be transferred to another person?
No, flight credit is non-transferable and can only be used by the person it was issued to.
4. Can flight credit be used for international flights?
Yes, flight credit can be used for both domestic and international flights on Southwest.
5. Can flight credit be used to pay for taxes, fees, and upgrades?
Yes, flight credit can be applied towards the base fare, as well as taxes, fees, and upgrades.
6. Can flight credit be used to book hotels or rental cars?
No, flight credit can only be used towards the purchase of flights on Southwest Airlines.
7. Can flight credit be used for multiple bookings?
Yes, flight credit can be used for multiple bookings until the total amount is exhausted or until the credit expires.
8. What happens if the flight credit is more than the total fare?
If the flight credit is more than the total fare of your booking, the remaining balance will remain as flight credit for future use.
9. Can flight credit be used for group bookings?
Yes, flight credit can be used for group bookings, as long as the credit holder is included in the group.
10. Can flight credit be used to book flights for others?
Yes, flight credit can be used to book flights for others, but the credit holder’s name must be one of the passengers on the booking.
11. Can flight credit be used to book flights through a travel agent?
No, flight credit can only be used when booking directly through the Southwest Airlines website or customer service.
12. Can flight credit be used to pay for EarlyBird Check-In?
Yes, flight credit can be used to pay for EarlyBird Check-In, which provides an earlier boarding position.
13. Can flight credit be refunded?
No, flight credit is non-refundable. Once it is applied to a booking, it cannot be reversed or converted back into cash.
Now that you have a clear understanding of how to use flight credit on Southwest, you can confidently apply it towards your future travel plans. Remember to check the expiration date of your flight credit and make your bookings before it runs out. Enjoy your travels with Southwest Airlines!