How to Sneak Alcohol on a Cruise: Tips and Tricks
Going on a cruise is a fantastic way to relax and enjoy a vacation. However, one aspect that can put a damper on the experience is the high cost of alcohol on board. Many cruise lines charge exorbitant prices for drinks, leading some passengers to seek ways to sneak alcohol on board. While we do not encourage or endorse breaking any rules or regulations, we understand that some readers may be curious about this topic. In this article, we will discuss some tips and tricks that people have used in the past. It is important to note that every cruise line has its own policies and procedures, so it is essential to do thorough research before attempting any of these methods.
1. Packing Strategies:
– Concealment: Some passengers have successfully hidden alcohol in mouthwash bottles, shampoo bottles, or other toiletry containers. However, cruise line staff are often trained to look for these types of containers, so it may not be foolproof.
– Wine Bottles: Many cruise lines allow passengers to bring one or two bottles of wine on board. Consider purchasing bottles with a similar color to the ones allowed on board to avoid suspicion.
2. Reusable Water Bottles:
– Fill reusable water bottles with clear spirits such as vodka or gin. Make sure the bottles are sealed tightly to avoid leaks. Be aware that some cruise lines prohibit bringing outside beverages on board, so this method may not work for all.
3. Rum Runners:
– These are plastic bags designed to conceal alcohol in your checked luggage. They are often flexible and can be easily hidden in various items.
– Place the Rum Runners in your shoes, toiletry bags, or wrapped in clothing. Be cautious, as some cruise lines have x-ray machines that can detect liquids inside luggage.
4. Duty-Free Shopping:
– Take advantage of duty-free shopping at the ports of call. This allows you to buy alcohol at a lower price and bring it back on board. Ensure you check the cruise line’s policy on bringing alcohol from ports before attempting this method.
5. Make Friends with Crew Members:
– Some passengers have successfully bribed or befriended crew members to bring them alcohol from the ship’s bars. However, this is both unethical and against cruise line policies. It may also result in serious consequences if discovered.
6. Disguise Your Alcohol:
– Pour your choice of spirits into empty mouthwash or sunscreen bottles. This method can be risky as cruise line staff are trained to look for suspicious containers.
7. Use Your Stomach:
– Some passengers have reported consuming a significant amount of alcohol before boarding the ship. While this may save money on drinks, it can lead to potential health risks and ruin your cruise experience.
8. Bring Non-Alcoholic Beverages:
– Instead of trying to sneak alcohol on board, focus on bringing non-alcoholic beverages such as sodas, juices, or mixers. This way, you can purchase alcohol on board and mix your own drinks, saving some money.
9. Room Service:
– Many cruise lines offer room service, which often includes complimentary beverages. You can take advantage of this by ordering mixers and adding your own alcohol.
10. All-Inclusive Packages:
– Some cruise lines offer all-inclusive drink packages. While they may seem expensive initially, they can be cost-effective if you plan to consume a significant amount of alcohol.
11. Can I get caught if I try to sneak alcohol on board?
– Yes, there is always a risk of being caught. Cruise lines have strict security measures in place, and if caught, you may face consequences such as confiscation of alcohol, fines, or even being disembarked at the next port.
12. What happens if I get caught with alcohol?
– The consequences of getting caught vary depending on the cruise line’s policies. You may have your alcohol confiscated, receive a warning, be fined, or even be disembarked at the next port. It is essential to understand the potential consequences before attempting to sneak alcohol on board.
13. Can I bring my own alcohol on board?
– Most cruise lines have policies prohibiting passengers from bringing their own alcohol on board. However, some may allow a limited quantity of wine or champagne. It is crucial to check the specific policies of the cruise line you are sailing with before attempting to bring alcohol on board.
In conclusion, while some people may be tempted to sneak alcohol on board a cruise ship to save money, it is essential to understand and respect the rules and policies of the cruise line. Attempting to sneak alcohol on board can have serious consequences, and it is always best to enjoy your vacation responsibly and within the guidelines set by the cruise line.