How to Set Cruise Control on 2021 Nissan Rogue
Cruise control is a fantastic feature that allows drivers to maintain a constant speed on the highway without having to constantly press the accelerator pedal. If you have recently purchased a 2021 Nissan Rogue and are wondering how to set cruise control, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of setting cruise control on your Nissan Rogue.
1. Locate the cruise control buttons: The cruise control buttons are typically located on the right side of the steering wheel. They are usually marked with symbols such as “ON/OFF,” “SET,” “RES,” and “CANCEL.”
2. Start the vehicle: Before you can set cruise control, make sure your Nissan Rogue is running and in gear.
3. Activate the cruise control system: Press the “ON/OFF” button to activate the cruise control system. A light on the dashboard will indicate that the system is on.
4. Accelerate to your desired speed: Use the accelerator pedal to reach the desired speed you wish to maintain.
5. Set the cruise control speed: Once you have reached the desired speed, press the “SET” button on the steering wheel. The vehicle will now maintain the selected speed.
6. Adjust the speed: To increase or decrease the speed while cruise control is active, simply press the “RES” (resume) or “SET” button again and hold it until the desired speed is reached.
7. Cancel cruise control: If you want to cancel cruise control while it is active, press the “CANCEL” button on the steering wheel or simply tap the brake pedal.
8. Turn off cruise control: To turn off the cruise control system completely, press the “ON/OFF” button on the steering wheel. The light on the dashboard will go off, indicating that the system is no longer active.
9. Using the distance control assist: Some Nissan Rogue models come equipped with a feature called distance control assist. This feature allows the vehicle to automatically adjust the speed based on the distance from the vehicle ahead. To activate this feature, press the “MODE” button on the steering wheel until the distance control assist icon appears on the dashboard.
10. Adjusting the following distance: If you have distance control assist activated, you can adjust the following distance by pressing the “DIST” button on the steering wheel. The options range from close, medium, and long.
11. Using the steering assist: The 2021 Nissan Rogue also offers a steering assist feature, which helps keep the vehicle centered in its lane. To activate this feature, press the “MODE” button on the steering wheel until the steering assist icon appears on the dashboard.
12. Adjusting the steering assist sensitivity: If you have steering assist activated, you can adjust the sensitivity by pressing the “SENS” button on the steering wheel. The options range from light, standard, and firm.
13. Common Questions and Answers:
Q1: Can I set cruise control at any speed?
A1: Yes, you can set cruise control at any speed above 25 mph.
Q2: Can I use cruise control in heavy traffic?
A2: It is not recommended to use cruise control in heavy traffic as it may not respond quickly enough to sudden changes in traffic flow.
Q3: How do I resume my previous speed with cruise control?
A3: Press the “RES” button on the steering wheel to resume your previous speed.
Q4: Will the cruise control automatically adjust for inclines?
A4: No, the cruise control will not automatically adjust for inclines. You may need to manually adjust the speed using the “RES” or “SET” buttons.
Q5: Can I use cruise control in bad weather conditions?
A5: It is best to avoid using cruise control in bad weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice, as it may reduce control of the vehicle.
Q6: How do I know if cruise control is active?
A6: There will be a light on the dashboard indicating that the cruise control system is active.
Q7: Can I adjust the speed while cruise control is active?
A7: Yes, you can adjust the speed by pressing the “RES” or “SET” buttons on the steering wheel.
Q8: Can I cancel cruise control without using the brake pedal?
A8: Yes, you can cancel cruise control by pressing the “CANCEL” button on the steering wheel.
Q9: Does cruise control save fuel?
A9: Yes, using cruise control can help save fuel by maintaining a constant speed.
Q10: Can I use cruise control on hilly roads?
A10: Yes, you can use cruise control on hilly roads, but you may need to manually adjust the speed to compensate for the inclines.
Q11: How do I turn off Nissan Rogue’s distance control assist?
A11: To turn off the distance control assist feature, press the “MODE” button on the steering wheel until the icon disappears from the dashboard.
Q12: Is steering assist the same as lane-keeping assist?
A12: No, steering assist helps keep the vehicle centered in its lane, while lane-keeping assist actively steers the vehicle to stay within the lane.
Q13: Can I adjust the steering assist sensitivity?
A13: Yes, you can adjust the steering assist sensitivity by pressing the “SENS” button on the steering wheel.
In conclusion, setting cruise control on the 2021 Nissan Rogue is a straightforward process. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily set and adjust your desired speed while enjoying the convenience and fuel-saving benefits that cruise control provides. Remember to always use cruise control responsibly and be aware of your surroundings while driving.