How Old Do You Have to Be to Go on Carnival Cruise?
Cruising is a popular vacation choice for people of all ages. It offers the perfect opportunity to relax, explore new destinations, and indulge in various onboard activities. However, if you are considering going on a Carnival Cruise, you may be wondering how old you have to be to board the ship and enjoy all the amenities it has to offer. In this article, we will answer this question and address some common queries related to age restrictions on Carnival Cruises.
To go on a Carnival Cruise, guests must be at least 6 months old on the day the ship sets sail. However, there are certain age restrictions for specific activities and areas onboard. Let’s delve into some frequently asked questions to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the age requirements on Carnival Cruises.
1. Can children travel alone on a Carnival Cruise?
No, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is at least 21 years old.
2. Can teenagers participate in adult activities and access adult-only areas?
Teenagers aged 15-17 can enjoy many adult activities and visit adult-only areas with parental consent. However, certain venues, such as the casino and nightclubs, have age restrictions.
3. Is there a kids’ club on Carnival Cruises?
Yes, Carnival offers Camp Ocean, a supervised program for children aged 2-11. It provides age-appropriate activities and entertainment throughout the cruise.
4. Are there any age restrictions for the water slides and pools?
Children of all ages can enjoy the water slides and pools. However, some slides may have height restrictions for safety reasons.
5. Can infants and toddlers access the swimming pools?
Carnival has designated splash areas for infants and toddlers, allowing them to safely enjoy the water under parental supervision.
6. Are there age limits for the spa and fitness facilities?
Guests must be at least 18 years old to utilize the spa facilities and fitness center. However, certain spa treatments may have age restrictions.
7. Can infants and toddlers attend the evening shows and performances?
Yes, children of all ages are welcome to attend the evening shows and performances, provided they are accompanied by an adult.
8. Are there any age restrictions for shore excursions?
Age restrictions for shore excursions vary depending on the activity. Some excursions may have age limits due to safety concerns or specific requirements.
9. Can teenagers stay in their own stateroom?
Teenagers aged 15-17 can stay in a separate stateroom, but they must be accompanied by a passenger who is at least 21 years old in an adjacent stateroom.
10. Are there any age restrictions for the mini-golf course and outdoor sports facilities?
There are no age restrictions for the mini-golf course and most outdoor sports facilities. However, some activities may have height or weight limitations.
11. Can grandparents take their grandchildren on a Carnival Cruise without the parents?
Yes, with proper documentation and written consent from the parents, grandparents can take their grandchildren on a Carnival Cruise.
12. Can young adults aged 18-20 consume alcohol onboard?
Guests must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol on Carnival Cruises. Young adults aged 18-20 are not permitted to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages.
13. Are there any age restrictions for onboard shopping?
There are no age restrictions for onboard shopping. However, certain items may have age restrictions, such as tobacco products or alcohol-related merchandise.
Now that you have a better understanding of the age requirements on Carnival Cruises, you can plan your vacation accordingly. Whether you are traveling with young children, teenagers, or as a group of adults, Carnival offers a wide range of activities and amenities to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone. Happy cruising!