5 out of 5 stars5 Stars - 8 Reviews and 1327 Opinions

845 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6Z 2K6, Canada
Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com
and 10 more sites!

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• rstary's Profile Photo

Pretty Hotel

This is a lovely hotel that deserves its 4 star status.

Unique Quality: They have a very nice bar. Great low key atmosphere with wood panel walls. Great cocktails and you may see a celebrity or two. The bar is tucked out of site which makes it appealing to the tv and movie stars.

• Ruined my daughter's honeymoon!

I made a reservation by phone for my daughter's wedding night. We live just across the border in Washington State. I was faxed a form which I filled out and faxed back to the hotel. My daughter and her husband were checked in as if everything was fine. Then when they went to check out the following day, they were told they could not leave and were held by the security staff and "treated like garbage".
    Why? Because the hotel decided they needed a copy of the front and back of the charge card I used to make the reservation plus a copy of my picture ID!
    Nothing about needing this was mentioned when the reservation was made, and nothing was said when the couple checked in. Honestly, how long does it take to run a charge card to see if it is good? And how long could it possibly take to confirm the reservation by phone? Why not do this before the honeymooning couple goes to check out?
    My daughter insisted they call and speak with me to see that everything was legit.
    When the hotel reached me at work, the manager demanded the same set of copies, which I was unable to produce on the spot.
    The hotel had been told this was a couple on their honeymoon. They were not treated with courtesy and asked politely to wait until the charge could be confirmed. They were treated like criminals.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

A great place to stay in VanCouver

Wonderful view from our room...beautifully appointed...great bar where you could relax and enjoy a drink. We were part of Scenic Tours and they chose the hotel. How lucky were we! Yes I would recommend this hotel.
    There was a gift shop in the lobby and I bought the blue jacket you see in the photo.

Unique Quality: Within easy walking distance of downtown and nice coffee bars.

Directions: 845 Burrard St Vancouver

• 932john's Profile Photo

Elegant Luxury

We stayed in a beautiful apartment suite in the new wing of the hotel with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, balcony, separate bedroom with ample closet space. Everything was new including surround sound system and huge flat screen TV in the living room. All the amenities were great and the service was fantastic. The concierge was extremely helpful in giving us information about tours, where to dine, shop, visit. It's obvious when you stay here why this hotel got the AAA five diamond ranking. The rates are not outrageous either.

Unique Quality: We didn't try the famous "Japadog" from the stand outside the hotel, but supposedly it's worth it. There is an indoor pool, which is nice, but kinda weird in summer when there's nice weather and you want to lay out. The hotel has a full spa where you can get pretty much anything from a massage to a manicure.

Directions: Downtown

• kandl1's Profile Photo

A quiet urban retreat.

We stayed here on our '03 visit and loved it. It's not much to look at from the outside, it sorta looks like a hospital, but once inside, it's calm, stately and dignified.
    The room was quite large with floor to ceiling windows looking out over Robson street.
    There was a nightly chocolate buffet that looked great, but by the time we got back from sightseeing and eating, we were too tired and full to partake!

Unique Quality: The chocolate buffet! I still cannot believe that we didn't try it. We were just too full and tired.

Directions: One block away from Robson St. The main shopping and cruising drag in town,

More about Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

Fabulous Hotel !!!

by TripAdvisor Member cannyian

We stayed at Sutton Place as part of our honeymoon vacation after reading the great reviews on this website. After having many holidays in North America, and staying in some excellent hotels,this is the first time we have felt compelled to write a review. We received a complementary upgrade to a corner room on the top floor. The room was perfect, the view of downtown & the mountains was stunning, the staff couldn't do enough to ensure we had the time of our lives and just when we thought it couldn't get any better, we found Champagne in our room after our evening meal! We thoroughly recommend this hotel as an excellent base for anyone visiting beautiful Vancouver. We shall return!!!!

Don't wear make up/look attractive in the bar

by TripAdvisor Member sheraprincessofpowa

I stayed here for two nights over one year ago. I had lived in Vancouver a few years back and knew of this hotel to be one of the best...or so I thought. I was impressed with the lobby but disappointed with the size and cleanliness of the rooms.

But what happened to us ruined my stay and embarassed my friends. I invited two girlfriends to meet me for a drink in the Gerrard Room before we headed off to dinner. We are attractive professional women in their 30s, well put together and do not dress or act provocative in any way. When we all sat down and ordered a drink, we were hit on by this patron...or so I thought. This small dumpy man with a VERY thick Canadian accent walked up and freely started quizzing us about what we were doing there, what we were 'up to'. At first I thought he was just hitting on us, but then he became very abrasive and forward, asking us if we were 'working', if we could go up to a room for some fun. I told him to leave in no uncertain terms and watched him walk out. He then headed over to the manager and shook his head and said 'don't worry' and pointed over to us.

I was shocked!! The manager thought we were hookers and sent security to check us out. I am still so thoroughly disgusted. Three professional attractive women in their 30s cannot have a drink in a hotel bar without a some misogynists making some wild assumptions. The worst part is that I approached the manager after the incident, asking him if it was standard practice to harass patrons. He seemed very embarrassed but offered no apology.

I will never go back and take every opportunity to tell other friends, colleagues - especially professional women - not to stay at this hotel.

Loved the Sutton Place

by TripAdvisor Member Stanley_Cup

Reserved this room through Hotwire. The service was fantastic. The room was beautiful. The location is close to restaurants & shopping. Walking distance to Stanley Park & the Art Gallery. The only negative thing I could say about my experience here is the person who checked us in made a comment about how we booked through hotwire. Would definitely stay there again.

Over 50 in Vancouver

by PorkTeriyaki

I love Vancouver & visit often. I love the nightlife there & going to night clubs but feel uncomfortable being over 50 in a room full of kids in their 20s. Where can I find the crowd my age?

by YVRDave

The Yale at Granville and Drake downtown has live Blues. Mosquito Creek Bar and Grill at the Westview Mall in North Vancouver has live bands. Rossini's on Yew Street in Kitsilano has Jazz on Friday nights and a big crowd Saturdays at 4pm. Lulu's Lounge at The River Rock Casino in Richmond has live music.

All have dancing except Rossinis

by SfumatoPants

I'm 38 and I feel the same as you. Lousy liquor licensing laws make Vancouver an impossible place to open a small themed bar, and earn a profit, as you would find anywhere else in the world. Most bars are owned by "Restaurant Corporations" and have large seating capacity and take the unimaginative rout of playing loud pop music to pack in the youth, so they can turn a profit. Despite what the youth may think, Vancouver has a crappy night life scene because of this.

Try the Cellar (cellarjazz.com) and O'douls (odoulsrestaurant.com)

by SfumatoPants

... and Gerard's Lounge in the Sutton place hotel, as well as the Wedgewood Hotel.
These two are a block apart and O'douls is very close together so you can bar hop.

by SfumatoPants

"...as well as the Wedgewood Hotel. "

That should be Bacchus Lounge at the Wedgewood.

by YVRDave

>>>>>Lousy liquor licensing laws make Vancouver an impossible place to open a small themed bar<<<<<

Hear hear....