7 Companies That Offer Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in Maine
Portland is a great place to live but like anywhere else, breakdowns and other mechanical issues can occur. To protect your vehicle from unexpected repairs, you may want to consider investing in some form of mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI). Maine has several companies that offer MBI coverages. Here are 7 companies that offer Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in Maine:
- Maine Automobile Dealers Association - Maine Auto Dealers Association offers its members the option to purchase MBI coverage for cars purchased through a dealer. The coverage spans up to seven years or 100,000 miles and covers parts and labor costs associated with necessary repairs.
- Allstate - Allstate's Mechanical Breakdown Insurance plan offers an extended coverage period of up to 7 years or 100,000 miles. Coverage includes parts and labor costs associated with necessary repairs due to mechanical breakdowns.
- Liberty Mutual - Liberty Mutual's Mechanical Breakdown Insurance plan provides Portland drivers with coverage for up to 8 years or 125,000 miles and includes parts and labor costs associated with any repair needed due to a mechanical breakdown.
- Maine Automobile Owners Association (MAOA) - Maine Automobile Owners Association offers its members the option to purchase MBI coverage that covers repairs due to mechanical breakdowns for cars purchased through an MAOA member dealership. The coverage spans up to seven years or 100,000 miles and covers parts and labor costs associated with necessary repairs.
- Maine Motor Vehicle Insurance Trust - Maine Motor Vehicle Insurance Trust offers MBI plans that cover up to 7 years or 100,000 miles and includes parts and labor costs associated with any needed repairs due to a mechanical breakdown.
- GEICO - GEICO's Mechanical Breakdown Insurance plan covers up to 8 years or 125,000 miles and will pay for the parts and labor costs associated with necessary repairs due to a mechanical breakdown.
- Maine State Warranty Corporation - Maine State Warranty Corporation provides Portland drivers with coverage for up to 7 years or 75,000 miles and pays for the parts and labor costs associated with any repair needed due to a mechanical breakdown.
No matter which company you choose, Maine's mechanical breakdown insurance plans provide Portland drivers with peace of mind and protection from the high cost of unexpected repairs. Make sure to research each company thoroughly before making your decision and find the plan that best fits your needs.
It may help your shopping experience to compare the rates of other cities by zip code such as 92335, 54301, 77840, 92551, 79101, 04101, 58102, 93101, 06360, and 91201.
4 Purposes of Temporary Car Insurance in Maine
Portland offers drivers a few different options when it comes to temporary car insurance. Whether you're visiting the state for work or pleasure, here are four purposes of temporary car insurance in Maine that could be beneficial to you.
- Vacationers: Do you plan on taking a road trip to Maine? If so, consider getting temporary car insurance before your trip. This coverage will help protect your vehicle while traveling, and during any unexpected events such as an accident or theft.
- Temporary Residents: Are you new in town or just passing through Maine for a short period of time? Temporary car insurance can give you peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is protected from damage or liability if something were to happen while driving in Maine.
- Business Travelers: If you are traveling to Maine for business, temporary car insurance is a great option. It can provide coverage for any rental or borrowed vehicles that may be needed for your trip, as well as protection from personal liability should an accident occur while on the job.
- Cross-Border Drivers: Are you planning on crossing state lines with your vehicle? Temporary car insurance in Portland can give you the coverage you need to drive legally and safely when passing through other states. This type of policy will cover you if something were to happen during your travels so that you can get back home without any hassle.
10 Vehicles With the Worst Warranties in Maine
When shopping for a car in Portland, it's important to consider the warranty coverage that comes with your purchase. Unfortunately, some cars come with below-average warranties, leaving Portland Maine drivers vulnerable to costly repairs and unexpected breakdowns. To help Portland drivers avoid making a bad investment, we've rounded up 10 vehicles with the worst warranties from dealers across Maine. Read on to find out which models you should stay away from and why.
- Ford F-150: This popular pickup truck may have plenty of power and style, but it also has one of the most limited warranties in Maine at just three years or 36,000 miles.
- Kia Sportage: Despite being known for affordability, this compact crossover has a less-than-ideal warranty of just five years or 60,000 miles.
- Jeep Cherokee: This popular SUV may look rugged and capable, but its limited warranty of three years or 36,000 miles could leave Portland Maine drivers paying out of pocket for repairs after only a few years on the road.
- Nissan Altima: Despite being one of the most popular mid-size sedans in Maine, the Altima's limited warranty is only three years or 36,000 miles — leaving Portland Maine drivers vulnerable to costly repairs down the line.
- Toyota Tacoma: Another popular pickup truck, this model comes with an equally limited warranty that's good for just three years or 36,000 miles.
- Volkswagen Passat: This mid-size sedan may be stylish and affordable, but its warranty coverage is quite limited at just five years or 60,000 miles.
- Hyundai Elantra: Despite being known for fuel efficiency and affordability, this compact sedan comes with a surprisingly short warranty of just five years or 60,000 miles.
- Chevrolet Malibu: Portland Maine drivers looking for a dependable mid-size sedan should look elsewhere; the Malibu's limited warranty only lasts three years or 36,000 miles.
- Honda Accord: Maine buyers may love the popular Accord's style and features — but they won't love its limited three year/36,000 mile warranty.
- Subaru Outback: Portland Maine drivers looking for a reliable wagon may find value in the popular Outback — but its limited warranty of three years or 36,000 miles should be taken into consideration before making a purchase.
10 Best New EVs to Lease in Maine
If you're looking for a new EV to lease in Portland, look no further! We've compiled a list of the 10 best EVs available for lease in Maine. From electric cars with luxury features to affordable commuter vehicles, there are several great options for Portland Maine drivers. Check out our top picks for leasing an EV in Maine and find your perfect ride today.
- Tesla Model 3: The Tesla Model 3 is one of the most popular EVs on the market, and it offers relatively low leasing prices compared to other models. It comes with all-wheel drive, Autopilot technology, and a range of over 300 miles on a single charge.
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: The Chevrolet Bolt EV can take you up to 238 miles on a single charge, making it an excellent EV for Maine commuters. It also has great safety features and is available with wireless charging capabilities.
- Hyundai Kona Electric: The Hyundai Kona Electric offers exceptional value for Portland Maine drivers. It has a range of over 250 miles on a single charge and comes with plenty of tech features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
- Nissan Leaf: The Nissan Leaf is one of the most affordable EVs around, yet it still delivers impressive performance with up to 226 miles of range on a single charge. It's also surprisingly roomy inside, making it perfect for growing families or those who need extra cargo space.
- BMW i3: The BMW i3 is the perfect EV for Portland Maine drivers who want a luxury vehicle with all the bells and whistles. It has an impressive range of 153 miles on one charge and comes with great features like leather upholstery, advanced driver-assistance systems, and more.
- Volkswagen e-Golf: The Volkswagen e-Golf offers Portland drivers both style and substance. It has a range of 125 miles on one charge, plus plenty of tech features like adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring.
- Mercedes-Benz EQC: The Mercedes-Benz EQC is a luxury EV that's perfect for Portland drivers looking for something special. It has an impressive range of 259 miles on a single charge and comes with plenty of tech features like voice-activated navigation and advanced driver-assistance systems.
- Kia Niro EV: The Kia Niro EV is an affordable option for Portland drivers who need a reliable EV that can handle Maine's tough winter weather. It has a range of 239 miles on one charge, plus great features like heated seats and smartphone integration.
- Ford Mustang Mach-E: If you're looking for an electric vehicle with sporty styling, the Ford Mustang Mach-E is worth checking out. It has up to 300 miles of range on one charge, plus excellent performance capabilities and plenty of tech features.
- Honda E: Finally, the Honda E is a great option for Portland drivers who want an affordable, efficient EV with lots of convenience features. It has up to 137 miles of range on one charge and comes with plenty of safety and driver-assistance systems.
10 Most Popular Automobiles for Retirees in Maine
Maine is the perfect place to retire, with its beautiful coastal views and low cost of living. But even if you're retired in Portland, you still need a reliable car that can get you around town or out on adventures. Here are some of the most popular automobiles for retirees in Maine:
- Honda CR-V - The Honda CR-V has been a top choice among older drivers for years because it offers plenty of cargo space, great fuel economy and comfortable seating for up to five passengers. It also comes with a wide array of standard safety features.
- Toyota Camry - The Camry is another dependable option with plenty of power under the hood, comfortable interior and plenty of advanced technology. The Camry also gets good gas mileage, making it an ideal choice for Maine's retirees.
- Subaru Forester - With its rugged design, plenty of interior space and reliable performance, the Forester is perfect for Maine's outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy hitting the trails or hitting the seaside. The standard all-wheel drive system provides added peace of mind on Maine's roads.
- Hyundai Tucson - This compact crossover offers a great combination of features like generous cargo capacity and advanced safety tech, all while maintaining a surprisingly affordable price tag. It's no wonder why it's becoming one of Maine retirees' top choices when shopping for a new car.
- Chevrolet Traverse - This full-size SUV offers plenty of power and tech, plus a roomy interior with three rows of seating for up to eight passengers. The Traverse also comes standard with all-wheel drive, giving Maine's retirees the confidence to tackle any Maine road.
- Kia Sorento - With its sleek design, powerful engine choices and generous cargo space, the Sorento is perfect for Maine retirees who want a little extra style in their ride. It also has an impressive list of standard safety features that will help keep Portland drivers safe on the roads.
- Ford Escape - When it comes to compact SUVs, there's nothing quite like the Escape. It offers a smooth ride, plenty of cargo space and an array of advanced tech features. Maine retirees will love the Escape's combination of style, performance and value.
- Mazda CX-5 - The CX-5 is another great choice for Maine's retirees. It has a sporty exterior design, comfortable interior with ample legroom and plenty of standard tech features like blind spot monitoring and lane keep assist.
- Nissan Rogue - The Rogue is well-liked by Maine's older drivers because it offers a roomy interior, generous cargo capacity and excellent fuel economy. It also comes with an impressive list of safety features that will help Maine retirees stay safe on Maine roads.
- Volkswagen Tiguan - For Maine retirees who like a bit of luxury, the Tiguan is an excellent choice. It has a sophisticated exterior design, plenty of power under the hood and a long list of tech features. Maine's retirees will appreciate the Tiguan for its cabin comfort, performance and value.
No matter what type of car you're looking for, Maine's retirees have plenty of options to choose from. With these 10 cars, Maine's older drivers can find the perfect automobile that fits their needs and budget.
Top 4 Car Rental Apps in Maine
Portland is an incredible place to explore. With its beautiful coastline, stunning mountains, and scenic beaches Maine offers plenty of opportunities for adventure. Whether you're planning a road trip or simply visiting for the day, one of the best ways to get around Maine is with car rental apps. Here are four top-rated car rental apps that offer great deals on cars in Maine:
- Turo - Turo is a peer-to-peer car sharing network that lets you rent cars from real people all over Maine. You can find vehicles ranging from luxury SUVs to classic sports cars at competitive rates. Plus, with no membership fees or security deposits required, it's easy and affordable to rent a car with Turo.
- Zipcar - If you're looking for a quick and easy way to get around Maine, then Zipcar is the perfect choice. With their wide selection of cars available all over Maine, you can easily find one that fits your needs and budget. Plus, with hourly and daily rates, it's easy to save money when renting from Zipcar.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - One of the leading names in car rental, Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers great deals on vehicles in Maine. All their cars come with 24/7 roadside assistance so you won't have to worry about getting stranded if anything goes wrong while driving. Plus, they offer huge discounts for long-term rentals and loyalty programs.
- Maine Auto Rental - Maine Auto Rental is a great option if you're looking for an affordable car rental in Maine. They offer low rates on a wide selection of cars that are perfect for any occasion. Plus, they have locations all over Maine so you can easily pick up or drop off your rental car wherever it's convenient for you.
No matter what type of car rental you need, there are plenty of great options available in Portland. With these four top-rated apps, you can easily find the perfect vehicle at the best price!
Top 5 Road Trips in Maine
Maine is known for its beautiful coastline and iconic lighthouses, so it's no surprise that a road trip through the state can be an unforgettable experience. Here are five of Maine's most popular road trips to check out:
- Acadia National Park Loop - This 116-mile loop takes you around some of Maine's greatest natural beauty, including the rocky shores of Mount Desert Island and Cadillac Mountain.
- Maine Lighthouse Trail - There are over 60 lighthouses scattered along Maine's coast, which can be explored on this 220-mile tour up and down the shoreline.
- Moosehead Lake Region Road Trip - Explore Maine nature with a drive around this majestic lake while checking out Maine's highest peak, Mt. Kineo and the state's largest national park, Baxter State Park.
- Maine Lobster Trail - Enjoy a 200-mile journey along Maine's rugged coast to sample some of Maine's freshest seafood dishes at fishing villages, lobster pounds and seaside restaurants.
- The Maine Highlands National Scenic Byway - A 270-mile tour that takes you through Maine's mountains and rivers, with stops in Bethel, Bangor and Caribou. Along the way you can explore waterfalls, lakes, caves and other natural wonders.
5 Companies That Will Insure an Uber or Lyft in Maine
Uber and Lyft drivers in Portland MD have several options when it comes to selecting an insurance provider. Below are five of the most reliable, affordable, and customer-friendly Maine insurance providers that specialize in insuring Uber and Lyft drivers:
- Maine Mutual Insurance Company: Maine Mutual Insurance provides custom coverage for Uber and Lyft drivers with competitive rates and great customer service. They also offer a variety of discounts designed specifically for rideshare drivers.
- Maine Auto Advantage: Maine Auto Advantage specializes in providing Uber and Lyft insurance for commercial auto drivers in Maine. They offer comprehensive coverage at an affordable price, as well as other services such as roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and more.
- Progressive: Progressive is one of the largest insurance providers in Maine and offers Uber and Lyft drivers a variety of coverage options at reasonable rates. Progressive also provides a number of discounts for their rideshare customers, including multi-policy discounts and safe driver discounts.
- Maine Independent Insurance Agents: Maine Independent Insurance Agents is a network of independent agents who specialize in providing coverage for commercial auto drivers in Maine. They offer competitive rates, flexible policies, and great customer service.
- Maine Employers' Mutual Insurance Company: Maine Employers' Mutual Insurance Company (MEMIC) is one of the top providers of rideshare insurance in Maine. They offer comprehensive coverage at affordable rates and provide a variety of discounts for their customers.
Whether you're new to Uber or Lyft driving or have been doing it for years, these five Maine-based insurers are sure to have an option that fits your needs. With their competitive pricing, great customer service, and flexible policies, they will ensure that you stay protected while on the road.
Top 10 Driving Infractions and Their Associated Insurance Increases in Maine
Maine has some of the most stringent laws in the nation when it comes to driving infractions. All drivers must be aware of these regulations, as they can result in costly insurance rate increases if violated. Here are the top 10 driving infractions in Maine and their associated insurance increases:
- Speeding - If you are caught speeding 15 MPH or more over the posted speed limit, your insurance rates can increase by up to 30%.
- Driving Under The Influence (DUI) - A DUI conviction can lead to a dramatic increase in your insurance premiums for at least three years.
- Reckless Driving - Maine's reckless driving law defines this offense as operating a vehicle "in a manner that endangers the safety of persons or property." If convicted, your insurance rates could increase by up to 50%.
- Driving Without Insurance - Maine requires all drivers to carry liability insurance, and failing to do so can result in an insurance rate increase of up to 100% after a conviction.
- Hit-and-Run - Any driver who leaves the scene of an accident without providing necessary information is guilty of "leaving the scene" according to Maine law. A conviction can lead to a 40% increase in your car insurance premiums for at least three years.
- Racing on Public Roads - Maine's law prohibits any kind of racing on public roads or highways, and offenders will see their insurance premiums surge by as much as 20%.
- Careless Driving - Maine's careless driving law states that any driver who operates a vehicle in "a manner so as to endanger the safety of persons or property" will be deemed guilty of this offense. Insurance companies can levy rate increases of up to 30% for these offenses.
- Failing To Obey Stop Signs And Traffic Signals - Maine takes stop sign and traffic signal violations seriously and a conviction can lead to an insurance rate increase of up to 15%.
- Failing To Yield Right-of-Way - Maine requires drivers to yield the right-of-way at intersections, crosswalks, and other locations when necessary. A violation can lead to an insurance rate increase of up to 10%.
- Texting While Driving - Maine has a strict law prohibiting the use of cell phones while driving, and a conviction can result in an insurance rate increase of up to 15%.
Average Auto Insurance Quotes by Age Group in Maine
If you're looking for an estimate of what your Portland auto insurance premiums might be, it helps to know the average cost of car insurance by age group in Maine. In Maine, drivers are typically charged higher rates for younger ages due to their inexperience and higher risks on the road. However, as drivers get older, they can often qualify for more affordable car insurance rates. To give you a better idea of what to expect when it comes to Maine car insurance costs, here are five average auto insurance quotes by age group in Maine:
- 20s: $2,796 per year
- 30s: $2,721 per year
- 40s: $2,423 per year
- 50s: $2,212 per year
- 60s & Above: $1,991 per year
As you can see, Maine drivers in their 20s typically pay the highest rate for auto insurance. However, as drivers get older and gain more experience behind the wheel, they can often qualify for lower rates. To find the best car insurance rates for your age group in Maine, it's important to compare quotes from different insurers to ensure you're getting the most competitive rate. With a little bit of research and some patience, you can find an affordable Portland auto insurance policy that fits your budget.
Going with a National Company vs a Local Broker or Agent
Choosing between a national insurance company and a local agent or broker for the best deal can be a nuanced decision, largely dependent on your individual needs and circumstances. National insurance companies have their advantages. They typically offer a wider variety of products and services, and may provide discounts for bundling different types of insurance such as auto, dwelling, and life. These companies usually have extensive customer service departments, often available 24/7, and their digital platforms for quotes, policy management, claims, and payments are usually quite comprehensive. However, the trade-off might be less personalized service. Since you're more likely to deal with different customer service representatives each time, building a relationship with your insurer could be more challenging. Additionally, national insurers may not fully comprehend the specific insurance needs and risks of your local area.
On the other hand, local agents and brokers can offer more personalized service and the opportunity to build a longstanding relationship. They can guide you through the intricacies of insurance policies, assist with claims, and are generally more attuned to the particular risks and insurance needs of your locality. Brokers, representing multiple insurance companies, are in a position to shop around for the best deal for you. To get an idea of how much rates can vary by zip code you could compare ones such as 98856, 34997, 29627, 62999, 38925, 75147, 75833, 49971, 04101, and 28613. However, their range of products may not be as wide as national insurers, and their operating hours might not be as flexible. Also, customer service may not be available round the clock. In terms of digital accessibility, their platforms may not be as user-friendly or feature-rich as those of larger, national companies.
In conclusion, the better option is largely dependent on your preferences. If a personal relationship and local expertise is valued, a local agent or broker could be your best bet. Conversely, if you prefer the convenience of digital tools, round-the-clock customer service, and a broader range of products, then a national insurance company might be the right choice. It's always prudent to compare quotes from different sources before making a decision.