7 Companies That Offer Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in Michigan
Parchment is home to plenty of companies that offer mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) policies. This type of insurance helps protect you from costly repairs due to unexpected mechanical failures. While most auto insurers do not offer MBI, there are several Michigan-based companies that can provide this service. Here's a look at some of the top Michigan companies that offer MBI:
- Michigan Automobile Insurance Services - MAIS offers competitive rates and great customer service for Parchment drivers who need MBI coverage. They also provide roadside assistance and other additional services with their policies.
- Michigan First Insurance Agency - Michigan First is a full-service agency that provides MBI coverage at competitive prices. They have been in business for over 30 years and have a great reputation with Parchment Michigan drivers.
- Michigan Automotive Insurance Agency - MAIA offers MBI coverage that is specifically tailored to Parchment Michigan drivers' needs. In addition to their MBI policies, MAIA also provides auto liability insurance, uninsured motorist coverage, and other services.
- Michigan Mutual Insurance Company - Michigan Mutual is one of the largest providers of MBI in Michigan. They work hard to provide competitive rates and excellent customer service for all Parchment Michigan drivers who need this type of coverage.
- Infinity Insurance Company - Infinity offers affordable rates as well as discounts for safe driving and bundling other types of insurance with your MBI policy. They are known for their fast claims service and their friendly customer service representatives.
- Michigan Insurance Exchange - MIE is a large Michigan-based independent insurance agency that offers MBI coverage. They have been in business for over 50 years and work hard to provide Parchment drivers with the best possible coverage at competitive prices.
- Michigan Alliance Insurance Company - MAIC provides MBI coverage to Parchment drivers at competitive rates. Their policies are tailored to each individual's specific needs, and they offer great customer service and timely payments.
No matter which company you choose, make sure you read the terms of your policy carefully before making any decisions so you know exactly what is covered by your mechanical breakdown insurance policy in Michigan.
It may help your shopping experience to compare the rates of other cities by zip code such as 36726, 49457, 54520, 08989, 76052, 19640, 49971, 42788, 19640, and 50144.
4 Purposes of Temporary Car Insurance in Michigan
Temporary car insurance in Parchment offers a range of benefits and potential uses. Whether you need to insure an unfamiliar vehicle or just need to be covered during the gap between two policies, Parchment temporary car insurance can provide the protection and flexibility you require. Below are four common purposes for Michigan temporary car insurance:
- Test Driving: Test driving a vehicle is one of the most common reasons people opt for Michigan temporary car insurance. Many dealers will not allow customers to test drive vehicles without proof of current auto insurance coverage.
- Covering a Loaner Vehicle: If you borrow or rent a vehicle from someone including family members, friends or local rental companies, Michigan temporary car insurance can cover you while using their vehicle. This can provide a sense of assurance to the person whose vehicle you are borrowing.
- New Vehicle Ownership: Michigan temporary car insurance is also beneficial for those who are in the process of buying a new vehicle and haven't yet registered it or updated their current insurance policy. Michigan temporary car insurance can cover this gap period between buying and registering the new vehicle.
- Gap Insurance: Michigan temporary car insurance can also be used as gap coverage if there is ever an unexpected delay in getting your permanent policy renewed due to administrative error, paperwork issues or any other unforeseen circumstances. Michigan temporary car insurance can help keep you from being caught without proper coverage when you need it most.
10 Worst Used SUVs to Buy in Michigan
Are you looking for a used SUV in Parchment? There are many options available, but some makes and models may not be the best choice. Here is a list of the 10 worst used SUVs to buy in Michigan:
- Ford Explorer - The Explorer has experienced problems with its transmission system and fuel injectors, leading to costly repairs down the line.
- Chevrolet Suburban - This model suffers from frequent electrical problems, as well as an unreliable engine and suspension system.
- Dodge Durango - Although it offers plenty of power under the hood, this vehicle tends to have issues with its cooling system and airbags.
- GMC Yukon XL - This large SUV is known for its mechanical problems, including a failing alternator and a cooling system that has a tendency to overheat.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee - This model has experienced multiple issues with its powertrain, including an engine that is prone to stalling and transmission system failures.
- Toyota 4Runner - The 4Runner may have a reliable powertrain, but its suspension system has been known to suffer from frequent breakdowns.
- Nissan Pathfinder - Despite offering plenty of interior space, the Pathfinder often experiences electrical glitches and mechanical malfunctions.
- Ford Escape - Although this compact vehicle is fuel-efficient, it's notorious for having unreliable brakes and tires that wear down quickly.
- Honda Pilot - This model may offer a smooth ride, but its powertrain is prone to problems, especially with its transmission system.
- Chevrolet Tahoe - Although this vehicle has plenty of seating room and cargo space, it's known for having frequent electrical and engine issues.
When shopping for a used SUV in Michigan, be sure to avoid these 10 models if you want to avoid expensive repairs down the line. Instead, opt for a more reliable option that won't cost you an arm and a leg in maintenance bills.
10 Best New Cars to Lease in Michigan
The Michigan auto market is always abuzz with the latest and greatest cars, so it can be hard to decide which one you want to lease. To make things easier, we've rounded up a list of the 10 best new cars to lease in Michigan. From sedans and coupes to SUVs and crossover vehicles, these models offer great value for your money.
- Honda Accord - The Honda Accord is a reliable sedan that offers an impressive array of features, including Honda Sensing safety suite, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility, and optional turbocharged engine. It also has excellent fuel economy ratings in both city and highway driving conditions.
- Mazda3 - The Mazda3 offers outstanding performance and handling in a stylish package. It also comes with an array of features, including Mazda Connect infotainment system, advanced safety features like blind spot monitoring, and a peppy turbocharged engine option.
- Toyota Camry - The Camry is one of the most popular cars on the Michigan market for good reason. It has great fuel economy ratings and a comfortable interior that's perfect for long drives. It also offers a range of driver-assistance technologies standard.
- Kia Soul - This quirky crossover vehicle offers plenty of space inside thanks to its boxy shape and options such as panoramic sunroof and Harman/Kardon premium audio system make it an attractive choice for Parchment drivers.
- Chevrolet Cruze - The Chevy Cruze is a great choice for Parchment drivers who want an efficient and reliable sedan with plenty of features. It comes with a long list of standard safety technologies, offers excellent fuel economy ratings, and has a roomy interior that can accommodate up to five adults comfortably.
- Ford Fusion - For those who want a stylish midsize sedan without spending too much money, the Ford Fusion is an excellent option. It has generous standard equipment including driver-assistance technologies like adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist, plus powerful engine options that are perfect for Michigan roads.
- Volkswagen Jetta - This popular car offers great performance in a sleek package at an affordable price. It's also very fuel-efficient and comes with a long list of standard features, including touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility.
- Nissan Altima - This reliable sedan has been around for decades and is still popular in Michigan today thanks to its spacious interior, great fuel economy ratings, and robust list of standard safety technology like automatic emergency braking.
- Subaru Outback - The Outback is the perfect vehicle for Parchment drivers who need an all-wheel drive SUV that can handle Michigan's tough winter roads without sacrificing power or comfort. Plus, it offers plenty of cargo space and generous standard equipment such as EyeSight driver assistance technologies.
- Jeep Cherokee - The Cherokee is a great choice for Parchment drivers who want an SUV that looks good and has off-road capability. It also comes with plenty of safety features such as lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise control. Plus, it offers three engine options including a powerful V6.
Whether you're looking for a sedan or an SUV, Parchment drivers have plenty of choices when it comes to leasing the perfect car for their needs and budget. We hope this list of the 10 best new cars to lease in Michigan helps make your decision easier!
10 Most Popular Hybrids to Own in Michigan
Owning a hybrid vehicle in Michigan is becoming increasingly popular. Parchment residents appreciate the money-saving benefits that come with owning a hybrid, including fuel efficiency and lower emissions. To help Parchment drivers find the best hybrid for their needs, we've compiled a list of 10 of the most popular hybrids available in Michigan. From compact sedans to SUVs, there are hybrids to fit every lifestyle and budget.
- Toyota Prius: The original gas-electric powered car, the Toyota Prius has been in production since 1997 and remains one of the most popular cars on Michigan roads today. The latest iteration features improved fuel economy and plenty of interior space for passengers and cargo alike.
- Honda Accord Hybrid: The Honda Accord Hybrid is an affordable midsize sedan that offers a balance of performance and efficiency. It has a smooth, comfortable ride and plenty of room for five passengers.
- Ford Fusion Hybrid: For Parchment drivers who want the latest technology in their hybrid, the Ford Fusion Hybrid is the perfect choice. It comes with the SYNC 3 infotainment system and a variety of driver-assist features to keep you safe on Michigan roads.
- Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: If you're looking for a smaller hybrid sedan, consider the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid. It has a sporty design and impressive fuel economy ratings to help Michigan commuters save at the pump.
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid: Parchment drivers who need something a bit more versatile should take a look at the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. It has plenty of cargo space and is one of the most fuel-efficient SUVs on Michigan roads today.
- Nissan Leaf: The all-electric Nissan Leaf is perfect for Parchment drivers who want to completely eliminate gas costs from their budget. It has an impressive range of up to 151 miles per charge and plenty of interior features for maximum comfort.
- Ford C-Max Hybrid: If you want an efficient small car with lots of room, consider the Ford C-Max Hybrid. It's spacious enough for five passengers and offers excellent fuel economy ratings when compared to similar non-hybrid models.
- Chevrolet Volt: Parchment drivers looking for a midsize hybrid sedan should take a look at the Chevrolet Volt. It has an efficient electric motor paired with a gas engine, giving it excellent performance and fuel economy ratings.
- Honda Clarity Hybrid: The Honda Clarity Hybrid is one of the most efficient hybrids on Michigan roads today. It offers plenty of interior room for five adults and up to 47 miles per gallon in city driving conditions.
- Kia Niro Hybrid: The Kia Niro Hybrid is perfect for Parchment drivers who want the best of both worlds — great fuel efficiency and lots of cargo space. It has an impressive interior and exterior design, plus comfortable seating for five passengers.
No matter which hybrid Parchment drivers choose, they will be making an environmentally conscious decision that helps save money in the long run. Hybrid vehicles are becoming increasingly popular in Michigan and it's easy to see why. With so many great options available, Michigan drivers can easily find a hybrid vehicle that fits their needs and budget.
Top 5 Car Rental Apps in Michigan
When visiting Parchment, you may find yourself in need of a car rental. Fortunately, there are several top-rated apps that provide access to Michigan car rentals with the push of a button. Here is our list of the top 5 car rental apps for Michigan:
- Turo - Turo offers one-way and round trip rental cars from locations all over Michigan. It has an easy-to-use app that allows users to search for available vehicles in their area and compare prices between different providers. Plus, Turo provides 24/7 roadside assistance in case you run into trouble while on the road.
- Zipcar - With Zipcar, you can rent cars by the hour or day through its app. It offers coverage in Michigan's major cities including Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Ann Arbor. Zipcar also has a wide selection of cars to choose from, so you can find one that fits your needs.
- Getaround - Getaround is another great car rental option for Michigan travelers. Its app allows you to rent cars by the hour or day in Michigan's larger cities with rates starting as low as $10/hour. Plus, it provides 24/7 roadside assistance and even offers electric vehicle rentals for those looking for a more eco-friendly option.
- Hertz - Hertz has been around since 1918 and its Michigan locations are no exception when it comes to quality service and selection of vehicles. Its app is easy to use and allows you to find and rent cars in Michigan's larger cities without hassle. Plus, Hertz offers 24/7 customer support for its Michigan customers.
- Enterprise - Enterprise is another reputable car rental company with Michigan locations that offer great rates on their vehicles. It has a reliable app that allows users to search by location, car type, and even daily rate so they can find the best deal available in Michigan. Plus, Enterprise provides roadside assistance as well as discounts for certain groups like student or senior drivers.
Top 4 Road Trips in Michigan
Michigan is a great state for road trips, with its vast wilderness, plenty of outdoor activities and stunning views. From the iconic Mackinac Bridge in the north to the shores of Lake Michigan in the south, Michigan offers an abundance of destinations to explore. Here are four road trip routes that provide a taste of Michigan's unique culture and natural beauty.
- Upper Peninsula: With rugged landscapes dotted with thousands of lakes, Michigan's Upper Peninsula is ideal for those who love outdoor adventure. Start your trip off by crossing over the Mackinac Bridge from Michigan's Lower Peninsula into St. Ignace before heading out on one of many scenic drives that traverse miles of rolling hills and forests. Popular stops include Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Tahquamenon Falls State Park, and Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
- Michigan's Gold Coast: Michigan's "Gold Coast" is filled with golden sand beaches and quaint lakeside towns that make for a perfect summer road trip. From Grand Haven to Saugatuck, scenic routes follow the Lake Michigan coastline with many stops along the way such as Holland State Park and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Don't forget a stop in Michigan's wine country near Fennville!
- Michigan's Little Bavaria: Take a step back in time with a visit to Michigan's Little Bavaria - Frankenmuth. Located on the Cass River, Frankenmuth is Michigan's version of a German village and offers plenty of traditional German food, shopping, and entertainment. Other highlights along this route include the Michigan Military & Space Museum and Bay City State Recreation Area.
- Michigan's Sunrise Coast: Michigan's Sunrise Coast is an area filled with natural beauty that extends from Alpena to Oscoda on Lake Huron's shoreline. Along the way, you'll find places to explore like Tawas Point State Park, Thompson's Harbor State Park, Lumberman's Monument Visitor Center and more. It's easy to take your time here as there are plenty of small towns along the way offering unique dining options and local shops to check out.
5 Companies That Will Insure an Uber or Lyft in Michigan
Michigan is a state that has quickly embraced the gig economy, and ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft have become very popular in Michigan. If you are looking to drive for these companies, there are several insurance providers who will provide coverage for Parchment drivers. Here are five of the best companies that provide Michigan-specific coverage:
- GEICO: GEICO is one of the most well-known insurance companies around and they offer specialized coverage plans specifically tailored to rideshare drivers in Michigan. The plan includes liability, physical damage and uninsured motorist protection which covers any claims made by passengers while you're driving them or when you have an app open.
- Metromile: Metromile is an insurance provider that offers Michigan drivers personalized coverage at a fraction of the cost. Their pay-per-mile model charges you based on how much you drive, so Michigan rideshare drivers can get flexible coverage tailored to their needs.
- Allstate: Allstate has been providing Michigan drivers with comprehensive auto insurance for years, and they now offer rideshare policies as well. With their policy, Michigan rideshare drivers get full liability insurance plus physical damage coverage for any damage caused by a crash or other issue while driving passengers.
- Progressive: Progressive also provides Michigan drivers with specialized ridesharing insurance which includes liability, physical damage and uninsured motorist protection as well as additional medical payments coverage if you're injured in an accident.
- State Farm: One of the most trusted insurers in Michigan is State Farm, and their ridesharing policy covers Michigan drivers completely. With State Farm's policy, Michigan drivers are covered for liability, physical damage and uninsured motorist coverage while on the job.
Top 10 Driving Infractions and Their Associated Insurance Increases in Michigan
Parchment drivers should be aware of the infractions that have the most impact on their insurance rates. Insurance companies consider a variety of factors when calculating premiums, including violations or accidents resulting in tickets and/or points on your driver's license. Here are the top 10 driving infractions in Michigan and their associated average insurance increases:
- DUI/DWI - Michigan law is very strict about drinking and driving; an offense could result in up to 180 days of jail time and fines up to $1000. Insurance companies consistently cite this as one of the highest rated offenses for increasing premiums—an average increase of around 90%.
- Reckless Driving - If a driver is caught engaging in racing, weaving, or other dangerous behaviors, Michigan law allows up to 93 days in jail and a fine of $500. Insurance companies consider this to be a serious offense, with an average increase of 80%.
- Careless Driving - If a driver is caught driving without due care or attention to the rules of the road, Michigan law allows for 30 days in jail and fines of up to $350. Insurance companies understand the potential risk that careless driving poses; as such, they rate it highly with an average premium increase of 68%.
- Speeding - Michigan has an aggressive speed limit policy, which can result in hefty fines for drivers who don't obey the posted limits. An insurance premium increase of around 65% will typically accompany a conviction.
- Driving Without Insurance - Michigan requires all drivers to have at least Michigan no-fault insurance coverage in order to drive legally on the state's roads. Failing to do so can result in fines of up to $200 and an average premium increase of 50%.
- Traffic Camera Violations - Michigan has implemented traffic cameras that capture images or videos of drivers breaking the law, such as running red lights or speeding. An insurance premium increase of around 44% usually accompanies a camera violation ticket.
- Cell Phone Use While Driving - Michigan does not allow using hand-held cell phones while driving, with exceptions for emergencies and hands-free devices only when used for navigation. Insurance companies consider this a serious offense, with an average increase of 40%.
- Improper Passing - Michigan law allows for fines up to $500 for improper passing on the left or right side of another vehicle. This is considered a minor infraction by insurance companies, resulting in an average policy premium increase of around 30%.
- Failure to Yield Right-of-Way - Michigan law requires drivers to yield the right-of-way when entering intersections and turning onto streets from driveways and alleys. Failing to do so can result in fines of up to $200, as well as an increase in insurance premiums of around 25%.
- Driving Without Headlights - Michigan requires drivers to use their headlights in low-light conditions. Failing to do so can result in a fine of up to $100, as well as a policy premium increase of around 23%.
By knowing the infractions that have the most impact on Michigan insurance premiums, drivers can be better prepared for potential increases and make adjustments where necessary. Having an understanding of Michigan's driving laws is key for keeping your premiums low and staying safe on the road.
4 Reasons Why SR-22 Insurance Would be Required in Michigan
Michigan is a state with some of the most stringent requirements for drivers, and that includes needing to carry SR-22 insurance. An SR-22 form is a document filed by your insurance provider attesting to your policy's financial responsibility. In Michigan, there are four main reasons why you would need an SR-22:
- You were convicted of certain traffic violations or owe fines due to traffic violations: If you've been found guilty of any serious moving violation in Michigan such as DUI/OWI, reckless driving or causing an accident while uninsured, you may be required to file an SR-22 form with your Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- You have had your Michigan driver's license suspended or revoked: If the Michigan DMV has taken away your driving privileges, you may be required to file an SR-22 before they will reinstate your license.
- You are a high-risk driver: Michigan requires all drivers classified as "high risk" to carry SR-22 insurance. This is usually determined by the Michigan DMV based on a person's driving history and can include having multiple violations in a short period of time, being caught driving without insurance, or causing an accident while uninsured.
- You need proof of financial responsibility for Michigan no fault insurance: Michigan is a no fault state, which means that if you are involved in an auto accident, you are responsible for your own damages. To prove that you have the required Michigan no-fault insurance, you will need to file an SR-22 with Michigan DMV.
Going with a National Company vs a Local Broker or Agent
Choosing between a national insurance company and a local agent or broker for the best deal can be a nuanced decision, largely dependent on your individual needs and circumstances. National insurance companies have their advantages. They typically offer a wider variety of products and services, and may provide discounts for bundling different types of insurance such as auto, dwelling, and life. These companies usually have extensive customer service departments, often available 24/7, and their digital platforms for quotes, policy management, claims, and payments are usually quite comprehensive. However, the trade-off might be less personalized service. Since you're more likely to deal with different customer service representatives each time, building a relationship with your insurer could be more challenging. Additionally, national insurers may not fully comprehend the specific insurance needs and risks of your local area.
On the other hand, local agents and brokers can offer more personalized service and the opportunity to build a longstanding relationship. They can guide you through the intricacies of insurance policies, assist with claims, and are generally more attuned to the particular risks and insurance needs of your locality. Brokers, representing multiple insurance companies, are in a position to shop around for the best deal for you. To get an idea of how much rates can vary by zip code you could compare ones such as 61490, 26574, 46510, 20331, 49971, 34997, 60131, 30833, 77587, and 43325. However, their range of products may not be as wide as national insurers, and their operating hours might not be as flexible. Also, customer service may not be available round the clock. In terms of digital accessibility, their platforms may not be as user-friendly or feature-rich as those of larger, national companies.
In conclusion, the better option is largely dependent on your preferences. If a personal relationship and local expertise is valued, a local agent or broker could be your best bet. Conversely, if you prefer the convenience of digital tools, round-the-clock customer service, and a broader range of products, then a national insurance company might be the right choice. It's always prudent to compare quotes from different sources before making a decision.