7 Companies That Offer Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in Oregon
Lakeside motorists can benefit from having mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) to cover the expenses of car repairs. Many insurance companies in Oregon offer MBI plans that provide coverage for both new and used vehicles. This type of policy typically covers parts, labor and other repair costs, including trip interruption services, roadside assistance and rental cars. Here are seven Oregon-based companies that offer MBI policies:
- Oregon Auto Insurance - Oregon Auto Insurance offers a range of flexible MBI plans with different deductible levels and payment options. The company also has optional coverage for flood damage or vandalism, as well as emergency travel perks such as hotel discounts and meal reimbursement.
- Oregon Mutual Insurance - Oregon Mutual Insurance provides several MBI plans, including a Premier plan that offers coverage for vehicles up to 10 years old and unlimited rental car coverage. Oregon Mutual also has an online claims system and 24-hour customer service.
- Oregon Auto Club - Oregon Auto Club provides MBI policies with a variety of benefits, including roadside assistance, towing reimbursement and discounts on parts and labor. The company also offers accident forgiveness, diminishing deductible rewards and guaranteed repairs at certified repair centers.
- Oregon Motorists Insurance Company - Oregon Motorists Insurance Company (OMIC) offers comprehensive MBI policies with features such as trip interruption services, rental car coverage and cash payment for covered repairs. OMIC also has flexible payment options, lower deductibles for younger drivers and discounts for bundling policies.
- Oregon State Insurance - Oregon State Insurance offers a variety of MBI plans with additional coverage for repair parts, rental cars and towing services. The company also provides roadside assistance and a 24/7 claims hotline.
- Oregon Auto & Home Insurance - Oregon Auto & Home Insurance (OAHI) offers several MBI packages tailored to different budgets and needs. OAHI's plans include coverage for wear-and-tear repairs, towing and trip interruption services, as well as discounts on parts and labor costs at authorized service centers.
- Oregon Vehicle Association - Oregon Vehicle Association (OVA) provides comprehensive MBI policies with perks such as travel reimbursement, rental car coverage and discounts on parts and labor costs. OVA also has flexible payment plans and a 24-hour customer service hotline.
Whether you're looking for extra protection for your used vehicle or want to reduce the risk of costly repairs, Oregon has several companies offering competitive rates on MBI policies. Make sure to compare different plans to find the policy that works best for you.
It may help your shopping experience to compare the rates of other cities by zip code such as 97449, 75501, 29948, 13108, 29948, 88441, 47997, 45999, 45999, and 64640.
4 Purposes of Temporary Car Insurance in Oregon
Temporary car insurance in Lakeside is an important aspect of Oregon driving law, and it's essential to understand its purpose. Oregon requires that all registered vehicles have a minimum amount of liability coverage that meets the state's requirements before they can be used on public roads. Temporary car insurance provides extra coverage for short-term situations such as renting a car or temporarily borrowing one from someone else. It is usually valid for periods of 30 days up to six months and can be purchased online or through an agent. Here are four main purposes of temporary car insurance in Oregon:
- To provide extra protection when borrowing or renting a vehicle - Lakeside drivers who are planning on renting or borrowing another person's vehicle should purchase temporary car insurance for extra protection. The temporary coverage will provide liability protection and help cover the costs of repair or replacement if the vehicle is damaged while being used.
- To fill in gaps in existing Oregon car insurance coverage - Lakeside drivers who are switching to a new policy may need additional coverage during the gap period between policies. Purchasing a temporary car insurance policy can fill this gap and ensure Lakeside drivers have continuous coverage while they wait for their new Oregon car insurance policy to go into effect.
- To protect Oregon drivers from unexpected accidents - Unexpected accidents can happen at any time, which means Lakeside drivers may find themselves without proper insurance coverage when one occurs. Temporary car insurance provides added protection for Lakeside drivers so that they won't have to worry about the costs associated with an accident.
- To cover Oregon drivers during periods of non-use - Lakeside drivers who are not using their vehicles for extended periods of time may need to purchase temporary car insurance. This type of coverage helps protect Lakeside drivers if their vehicle is damaged or stolen while it's not in use.
Temporary car insurance provides Lakeside drivers with the peace of mind they need when driving around Oregon and beyond. Understanding its purpose and how to obtain it can help Oregon drivers stay safe on the roads and ensure they are properly covered against liability claims, repair costs, and more.
4 Reasons You Would Need a Full Coverage Auto Insurance Policy in Oregon
Oregon is one of the Pacific Northwest states that boasts a beautiful landscape and diverse population. Lakeside drivers must have at least minimum liability auto insurance to legally operate their vehicles on Oregon roads, but there are many reasons why full coverage auto insurance may be necessary for Lakeside drivers.
- A full coverage policy in Oregon covers more than just liability costs: Oregon's minimum liability requirements cover expenses related to bodily injury and property damage caused by an accident where you are deemed liable, but a full coverage policy often includes additional types of coverage such as collision or comprehensive coverage, personal injury protection, uninsured/underinsured motorist protection, roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and even gap insurance.
- Accidents can happen in Oregon: Oregon's roads can be treacherous due to inclement weather and other hazards, and accidents are common. Full coverage auto insurance provides Lakeside drivers with the peace of mind that they will not suffer financial hardship if they are involved in an accident.
- Oregon requires uninsured motorist coverage: Oregon law requires all drivers to have uninsured/underinsured motorist protection as part of their auto insurance policy. This type of coverage is designed to protect you financially if you are hit by a driver who does not carry adequate liability insurance.
- It pays for repairs or replacement vehicles: Whether your car needs major repairs after an accident or needs to be replaced entirely due to damage, full coverage auto insurance can help pay for those costly repairs or provide assistance with a replacement vehicle.
Having full coverage auto insurance in Lakeside is very important, as it can help protect you financially if you are ever in an accident, and it often provides additional types of coverage that the state's minimum liability requirements do not. Consider investing in a full coverage policy to make sure that you are adequately protected while driving in Oregon.
10 Worst New Cars to Buy in Oregon
Are you in the market for a new car? If so, you'll want to be sure you make an informed decision. Lakeside residents have plenty of options when it comes to shopping for a new set of wheels, but unfortunately, some cars are just not worth the price or potential headaches they could cause down the road. To help Oregonians make an educated purchase, here is our list of 10 worst new cars to buy in Oregon:
- Chevrolet Malibu - Though its exterior styling and a quiet cabin may entice Lakeside drivers, this midsize sedan has had difficulties with braking and powertrain systems which can lead to costly repairs down the line.
- Fiat 500L - This model lacks cargo space, and Lakeside drivers will be disappointed with its sluggish handling and performance.
- Kia Sedona - Oregon families may be drawn to this minivan's low price tag, but it falls short in many areas including poor fuel economy, a cramped interior, and unreliable technology systems.
- Ford Fiesta - This subcompact is known for being noisy, uncomfortable on long drives, and having a weak engine that doesn't put out much power for Oregon roads.
- Dodge Journey - Lakeside drivers should steer clear of this SUV due to its unimpressive cabin materials, dismal crash test scores, lousy fuel economy ratings and inadequate cargo capacity.
- Mitsubishi Outlander - Lakeside drivers should avoid this SUV due to its poor acceleration, malfunctioning technology features, and unreliable transmission.
- Cadillac Escalade- Oregonians tempted by this luxury SUV's bold styling will be let down by its rough ride, unimpressive fuel economy ratings, and outdated infotainment system.
- Nissan Versa Note - This subcompact hatchback has unreliable electronics, a loud engine and an uncomfortable interior that Lakeside drivers may find unpleasant on long drives.
- Jeep Cherokee - Oregon drivers should stay away from this model due to its dated cabin materials, slow acceleration and poor fuel economy ratings.
- Chrysler 200 - This sedan performs poorly in crash tests, is plagued with technology problems, and Lakeside OR drivers may struggle to find any comfort in its cramped interior.
10 Best New Cars to Lease in Oregon
Lakeside is a great place to find the perfect car for your needs. Whether you are looking for something for daily commuting or an adventure-filled weekend with family and friends, Oregon has plenty of options to choose from when it comes to new cars. Here is a list of the 10 best new cars to lease in Oregon:
- Honda CR-V - This popular SUV offers seating for up to five passengers and features plenty of cargo capacity along with great fuel economy. It also provides excellent value, making it one of the top choices when leasing a vehicle in Oregon.
- Chevrolet Equinox - The Equinox is another popular option that provides plenty of space and comfortable driving dynamics at an affordable price. It also comes with a range of safety features that make it perfect for Lakeside Oregon drivers.
- Ford Escape - The Escape is an athletic and reliable compact SUV that offers great fuel economy, plenty of cargo capacity, and is perfect for Oregon's rugged terrain. It also comes with a variety of technology options to keep you connected on the go.
- Toyota RAV4 - The RAV4 is known for its excellent reliability and comfortable driving dynamics, making it one of the most popular SUVs in Oregon. With seating for up to seven passengers and lots of cargo space, it's ideal for families or groups looking to explore Oregon's wilderness together.
- Mazda CX-5 - This sporty crossover offers agile handling and a fun driving experience. With its impressive fuel economy, it's great for Oregon commuters and adventurers alike.
- Subaru Outback - The Outback is perfect for Oregon's rugged terrain, as it offers plenty of ground clearance and all-wheel drive traction control. It also comes with a generous cargo capacity, making it ideal for family road trips in Oregon.
- Nissan Rogue - This popular crossover SUV offers plenty of space, excellent safety features, and great fuel economy for Oregon drivers. It also comes with a range of technology options that make it perfect for the modern Oregon driver.
- Jeep Wrangler - The iconic Wrangler is known for its off-road capabilities, making it perfect for Oregon's varied terrains. It also offers plenty of cargo capacity and a comfortable ride, making it ideal for Oregon adventurers.
- Chevrolet Traverse - The Traverse is a great option for Oregon families looking for a spacious vehicle. It provides ample seating for up to eight passengers and plenty of cargo space, making it perfect for Oregon road trips.
- Kia Soul - The Soul is a fun and affordable crossover that offers excellent fuel economy in Oregon's often harsh climate. It also comes with plenty of tech features, making it perfect for Oregon commuters who want the latest technology while on the go.
10 Most Popular EV Cars to Rent in Oregon
Oregon has become a hotspot for electric vehicles (EVs). From coast to mountain range, Oregonians are embracing the EV revolution. Whether you're looking for a short-term rental or something more long-term, Oregon offers plenty of rides to choose from. Here are ten of the most popular EVs available for rent in Oregon.
- Tesla Model X: This all-electric luxury SUV is perfect for road trips and larger families with seating for up to seven people. It comes equipped with Autopilot technology and an impressive 0-60 mph time of just 3.7 seconds.
- Nissan Leaf: The Leaf is one of the most popular EVs around and Oregon makes no exception. With its advanced driver assist technology, eco-friendly design, and up to 226 miles of range, the Leaf is a great choice for Oregon drivers.
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: The Bolt EV offers an impressive 238 miles of range while being surprisingly affordable. It also comes with plenty of standard features including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
- Volkswagen e-Golf: Oregon's roads are ideal for this five door hatchback. With up to 125 miles of range per charge and a sporty style, the e-Golf is perfect for urban adventures or weekend getaways.
- Hyundai Kona Electric: If you want something a bit more rugged than the Leaf or e-Golf, the Kona electric offers Oregon drivers a rugged crossover with up to 258 miles of range.
- Audi e-tron: Oregonians looking for an upscale ride should consider the Audi e-tron. It comes standard with all-wheel drive and features a large 95 kWh battery pack that provides up to 204 miles of range in ideal conditions.
- Mercedes-Benz EQC: Oregon's roads are perfect for this electric luxury SUV from Mercedes-Benz. It comes equipped with two electric motors, giving it impressive all wheel drive performance while still delivering 204 miles per charge.
- BMW i3: This sporty hatchback is perfect for Oregon's urban streets or to take out of town. The i3 comes with up to 153 miles of range and a standard 50 kWh battery pack.
- Honda Clarity Electric: Oregonians looking for an efficient ride should consider the Honda Clarity Electric, which offers up to 89 miles of range on a single charge. It also has plenty of cabin space and impressive safety features.
- Kia Niro EV: Oregon drivers will love this all-electric crossover from Kia. With its advanced driver assist technology, eco-friendly design, and up to 239 miles of range per charge, the Niro EV is perfect for any Oregon adventure.
Top 5 Car Rental Apps Oregon
Oregon is full of beautiful landscapes, mountains, forests and rivers that make it a great destination for road trips. But if you're looking to explore Lakeside in the comforts of your own car, then finding the right rental car can be a challenge. To help you in this quest, we've compiled a list of Oregon's top 5 car rental apps.
- Zipcar: This app provides cars on-demand from major locations across Oregon and offers easy pick-up and drop-off. It also offers one-way rentals so you don't have to worry about driving back to where you picked up the car from.
- Enterprise CarShare: This app allows Oregon travelers to rent cars for as long as they need. With Enterprise CarShare, Oregon residents can access cars from a variety of locations and enjoy the convenience of 24/7 customer service.
- Thrifty: Oregon travelers can use this app to book rental cars from more than five different Oregon locations. The app also offers discounted prices for Oregonians looking for a great bargain on their car rental needs.
- DriveMyCarRentals: This Oregon-based car rental app allows users to rent cars in Oregon with no paperwork hassle or hidden fees. It is also one of the most affordable options available and includes features such as roadside assistance and 24/7 support.
- Avis: Oregon travelers can use this app to find the best Avis locations across Oregon. The app offers a variety of car rental options to choose from and lets users pay for their rentals digitally.
Top 3 Road Trips in Oregon
Oregon is one of the most scenic states in the US, making it an ideal destination for road trips. Whether you're looking to explore Oregon's majestic coastlines or venture into its lush forests and mountain ranges, Oregon has something for everyone. Here are three Oregon road trips that will show you the best Oregon has to offer:
- Oregon Coast Road Trip: Start your journey in Portland, traveling down Highway 101 at a leisurely pace. As you drive along Oregon's 363-mile coastline, take time to explore beaches such as Cannon Beach, Hug Point State Recreation Site, Yachats, and more. Don't forget to take a side trip through some of Oregon's charming coastal towns such as Bandon, Astoria, and Newport.
- Oregon's Mount Hood Tour: Oregon's tallest peak towers over the state at 11,249 feet, making it the perfect destination for a road trip in Oregon. Start your journey in Portland and travel south on Highway 26 to reach Government Camp and Timberline Lodge. From here you can drive around Oregon's highest mountain to explore areas like Trillium Lake and Multnomah Falls before heading back up to Portland.
- Crater Lake Loop: This stunning loop is also known as Oregon's High Desert Country Drive, a 120-mile tour of some of Oregon's most unique landscapes including rivers, mountains, forests, and the incredible Crater Lake. Start in Bend and make your way up to Oregon's largest lake via Highway 97 before heading back down south on Highway 140.
5 Companies That Will Insure an Uber or Lyft in Oregon
Oregon is a great place to live and work, but navigating insurance for popular rideshare services can be tricky. Luckily, there are some companies that will insure your Uber or Lyft vehicle in Lakeside. Here are the top five insurers:
- Oregon Mutual Insurance - Oregon Mutual has been providing Oregon residents with car insurance since 1894, and they offer coverage specifically designed for ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft.
- Allstate Insurance - Allstate offers comprehensive coverage options tailored to Oregon's unique laws regarding rideshares.
- Liberty Mutual - Liberty Mutual provides customizable coverage specific to Oregon's regulations regarding Uber and Lyft drivers, so you can rest assured you're protected no matter what happens on the road.
- USAA - USAA is a top choice for Oregon drivers because of their comprehensive coverage and competitive rates.
- Geico - Geico offers Oregon drivers great rates and comprehensive coverage for Uber and Lyft vehicles, so you can feel secure knowing your vehicle will be protected no matter what happens on the road.
Top 10 Driving Infractions and Their Associated Insurance Increases in Oregon
Lakeside drivers should be aware of the top ten driving infractions that can result in an increase in their insurance rates. Knowing what these are and how to avoid them can help Oregon drivers keep their premiums as low as possible.
- Speeding: Oregon has strict speed limits that must be obeyed, especially in school zones and residential areas. Exceeding the speed limit by more than 15 miles per hour can result in a fine up to $1000 and a significant jump in auto insurance premiums.
- Reckless Driving: Oregon considers reckless driving to be anything from speeding excessively to weaving through traffic or running red lights or stop signs. This type of behavior is considered hazardous and results in fines of up to $2500 as well as increased insurance premiums.
- Driving without Insurance: Oregon requires all drivers to have valid auto insurance, and failure to carry proof of coverage can result in a fine of up to $1000, suspension of driving privileges, and significant increases in insurance premiums.
- DUII (Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants): Oregon has strict laws against operating a vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol. Conviction on this charge carries penalties including fines ranging from $1000 - $6000, license suspension, drug or alcohol treatment programs, and higher auto insurance rates.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals: Oregon law requires drivers to obey traffic signals at all times. Failure to do so can result in fines of up to $1000, as well as higher auto insurance premiums.
- Careless Driving: Oregon considers careless driving to be any form of negligent or reckless behavior that puts other drivers and pedestrians in danger. Conviction on this charge carries fines ranging from $500 - $2000 and an increase in auto insurance rates.
- Hit & Run: Oregon law requires drivers involved in a crash to remain at the scene, exchange information with all parties involved, and report the incident to local law enforcement immediately. Failure to do so can result in fines of up to $5000 and higher auto insurance premiums.
- Distracted Driving: Oregon prohibits any activity that distracts a driver while operating a motor vehicle, including text messaging, talking on a cell phone, applying makeup, or eating. Conviction on this charge carries fines of up to $1000 and an increase in insurance premiums.
- Racing: Oregon considers any type of illegal speed competition to be racing and has strict laws prohibiting it. Conviction on this charge can result in fines ranging from $2500 - $5000 as well as increased auto insurance rates.
- Driving with a Suspended License: Oregon law requires drivers to have valid driver's licenses at all times, and driving without one can result in fines of up to $4000 as well as higher auto insurance premiums when the license is reinstated.
Going with a National Company vs a Local Broker or Agent in Lakeside
Choosing between a national insurance company and a local Lakeside agent or broker for the best deal can be a nuanced decision, largely dependent on your individual needs and circumstances. National insurance companies have their advantages. They typically offer a wider variety of products and services, and may provide discounts for bundling different types of insurance such as auto, dwelling, and life. These companies usually have extensive customer service departments, often available 24/7, and their digital platforms for quotes, policy management, claims, and payments are usually quite comprehensive. However, the trade-off might be less personalized service. Since you're more likely to deal with different customer service representatives each time, building a relationship with your insurer could be more challenging. Additionally, national insurers may not fully comprehend the specific insurance needs and risks of your local area in Lakeside.
On the other hand, local Lakeside agents and brokers can offer more personalized service and the opportunity to build a longstanding relationship. They can guide you through the intricacies of insurance policies, assist with claims, and are generally more attuned to the particular risks and insurance needs of your locality. Brokers, representing multiple insurance companies, are in a position to shop around for the best deal for you. To get an idea of how much rates can vary by zip code you could compare ones such as 80737, 08311, 86556, 28554, 61349, 75501, 43527, 06759, 97449, and 85936. However, their range of products may not be as wide as national insurers, and their operating hours might not be as flexible. Also, customer service may not be available round the clock. In terms of digital accessibility, their platforms may not be as user-friendly or feature-rich as those of larger, national companies.
In conclusion, the better option is largely dependent on your preferences. If a personal relationship and local Lakeside expertise is valued, a local agent or broker could be your best bet. Conversely, if you prefer the convenience of digital tools, round-the-clock customer service, and a broader range of products, then a national insurance company might be the right choice. It's always prudent to compare quotes from different sources before making a decision.