7 Companies That Offer Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in New Hampshire
Hampton Beach is a great place to live and work, but it's important to protect yourself from the unexpected. Mechanical breakdown insurance helps cover the costs of repair or replacement for your vehicle if something goes wrong. If you're in New Hampshire and looking for mechanical breakdown insurance, here are seven companies that offer this coverage:
- New England Insurance Company - New England Insurance Company offers mechanical breakdown insurance policies that provide protection against expensive repairs due to wear and tear or a manufacturing defect.
- New Hampshire Automobile Dealers Association - The NHADA provides an Auto Repair Protection Program (ARPP) to new car owners in New Hampshire that covers up to $5,000 per repair event at any eligible licensed repair shop.
- New Hampshire Insurance Company - New Hampshire Insurance Company offers mechanical breakdown insurance policies that provide protection against expensive repairs due to wear and tear or a manufacturing defect.
- Allstate New Hampshire - Allstate New Hampshire provides mechanical breakdown coverage (MBC) with optional add-ons such as roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement, in addition to a range of other coverages.
- NH Motor Vehicle Warranty Corporation - NH Motor Vehicle Warranty Corporation provides New Hampshire vehicle owners with mechanical breakdown coverage for up to 6 years/100,000 miles on new cars and 15 months/15,000 miles for used cars purchased from an authorized dealer.
- Liberty Mutual New Hampshire - Liberty Mutual New Hampshire offers Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP) to Hampton Beach New Hampshire drivers, which includes coverage for parts and labor costs associated with covered mechanical breakdowns.
- Concord Group Insurance - Concord Group Insurance offers Hampton Beach NH drivers Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI), which provides protection against the repair or replacement of vehicle components due to a manufacturing defect or normal wear and tear.
No matter where you live in New Hampshire, these seven companies offer comprehensive mechanical breakdown insurance coverage that can help keep your vehicle running smoothly and protect you from costly repairs. Shop around to find the best coverage and rates for your needs.
It may help your shopping experience to compare the rates of other cities by zip code such as 98250, 19640, 93516, 03897, 08989, 70444, 88441, 57262, 19061, and 19640.
4 Purposes of Temporary Car Insurance in New Hampshire
Temporary car insurance can be a great resource for Hampton Beach NH drivers who need coverage on a short-term basis. It is useful in a number of situations, including the following:
- When you are test-driving a used vehicle before buying it - New Hampshire law requires that all vehicles driven on public roads have valid insurance, so temporary car insurance can provide the necessary coverage while you're evaluating the car.
- When an out-of-state visitor needs to borrow your car - If someone from out of state is visiting New Hampshire and will be using your vehicle during their stay, they need to be covered by an insurance policy. Temporary car insurance can provide this coverage without requiring them to buy a permanent policy.
- When borrowing or renting a vehicle - New Hampshire requires that any car borrowed from someone else, such as through a peer-to-peer sharing service, be covered by insurance before it is driven on public roads. Temporary car insurance can provide the coverage necessary for this situation.
- When your existing car insurance has lapsed - If your New Hampshire auto insurance policy has expired and you need to drive while waiting for your new policy to take effect, temporary car insurance can bridge the gap in coverage.
4 Reasons You Would Need a Full Coverage Auto Insurance Policy in New Hampshire
New Hampshire is a great state to call home, but when it comes to auto insurance laws there are certain requirements that everyone must adhere to. One such requirement is the need for full coverage auto insurance. Here are four reasons why you would need a full coverage auto insurance policy in New Hampshire:
- New Hampshire requires all drivers to carry bodily injury liability and property damage liability coverage with minimum limits of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for bodily injury, as well as $25,000 for property damage. Full coverage auto insurance policies provide these essential types of protection along with additional coverages such as collision and comprehensive coverages which will help protect you financially if you are involved in an accident or your vehicle is damaged by other means.
- New Hampshire also requires all drivers to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance with limits of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. Full coverage auto insurance policies typically include this type of coverage and can give you additional protection if you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- New Hampshire law requires that insurers offer rental car reimbursement coverage as an optional endorsement to any New Hampshire policy. This type of coverage will reimburse you for the cost of a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired after an accident or other covered loss. Many full coverage auto insurance policies include rental car reimbursement as part of their overall package, so it could be a great option for Hampton Beach New Hampshire drivers.
- New Hampshire also requires all drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage with minimum limits of $1,000. Full coverage auto insurance policies often include PIP coverage as part of their overall package, so it is another great option for Hampton Beach drivers who want to make sure they have the financial protection they need in case they are injured in an accident.
10 Worst Used Hybrid Vehicles to Buy in New Hampshire
Hampton Beach residents who are looking for a used hybrid vehicle should heed caution when selecting one. Hybrid vehicles can be great options for those looking to reduce their carbon footprint and save on fuel costs, but as with any used car purchase, there is always a risk of ending up with an unreliable lemon. To help New Hampshire shoppers make informed decisions, here is a list of the 10 worst used hybrid vehicles to buy in New Hampshire:
- Toyota Prius (2004-2007) - Though generally reliable, these models were known for having transmission issues that could prove costly to repair or replace.
- Honda Insight (2009-2014) - The Honda Insight was plagued by battery and electric motor issues that can make repairs expensive.
- Ford Escape Hybrid (2005-2012) - The Escape Hybrid was prone to battery problems, as well as a defective power control module that could cause the vehicle to unexpectedly lose power while in motion.
- Honda Civic Hybrid (2003-2007) - These vehicles had numerous transmission issues and were known for stalling without warning while driving.
- Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid (2008-2010) - Known for having starting problems and an unreliable electric motor, this model may require costly repairs if it doesn't function properly upon purchase.
- Lexus RX 400h (2005-2009) - Despite its luxurious design, the Lexus RX 400h is known for its poor reliability due to its battery problems and transmission issues.
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid (2006-2010) - This model has several reported cases of transmission failure, as well as mechanical breakdowns due to its unreliable hybrid battery system.
- Honda Accord Hybrid (2005-2007) - Though reliable in performance, the Honda Accord Hybrid had a defective inverter that could cause the car to unexpectedly shut off while driving.
- Nissan Altima Hybrid (2007-2011) - Poorly designed cooling systems led to numerous battery failures in this model, making repairs expensive.
- Saturn Vue Green Line (2008-2009) - Despite its good fuel economy, these vehicles were known for their frequent breakdowns due to faulty cooling systems and poor battery life.
Overall, Hampton Beach residents should do their due diligence when selecting a used hybrid vehicle and be wary of any models on this list that could require costly repairs if not functioning correctly upon purchase. With the right research and inspection, New Hampshire shoppers can find a reliable and eco-friendly used hybrid vehicle that will serve them well for many years to come.
10 Best New EVs to Lease in New Hampshire
Hampton Beach is quickly becoming known as a premier destination for electric vehicle (EV) owners. From the capital city of Concord to the White Mountains, New Hampshire has some of the most beautiful and scenic roads in the country to explore with your EV. Here is our list of 10 best new EVs to lease in New Hampshire:
- Nissan Leaf - This popular EV offers an impressive range of 151 miles on a single charge, making it a great option for Hampton Beach New Hampshire drivers looking for reliable performance and efficiency.
- Chevrolet Bolt - The Bolt has an impressive EPA-rated 259-mile range, making it perfect for New Hampshire's long drives along the coast or up into the mountain peaks.
- Hyundai Kona Electric - Hampton Beach New Hampshire drivers will love this EV for its spirited performance and zippy acceleration, as well as an impressive 258-mile range on a single charge.
- BMW i3 - This luxury EV from BMW packs a punch with 184 miles of range and plenty of power to spare. Hampton Beach drivers who want the best of both worlds should take a serious look at the i3.
- Audi e-tron - The all-electric SUV from Audi is perfect for Hampton Beach drivers looking to combine luxury performance with impressive range and efficiency. With an EPA rating of 204 miles per charge, it's hard to beat the e-tron's combination of features and value.
- Tesla Model 3 - Hampton Beach drivers looking for a long-range EV will find plenty to love about the Tesla Model 3, with its impressive range of up to 310 miles per charge.
- Kia Niro EV - The New Hampshire-made Kia Niro is an efficient and affordable choice for Hampton Beach NH drivers. With an EPA rating of 239 miles per charge, it's one of the most efficient cars in its class.
- Honda Clarity Electric - This silent yet powerful electric car offers Hampton Beach New Hampshire drivers an impressive range of 89 miles on a single charge, making it perfect for city driving and short trips around New England.
- Jaguar I-Pace - Hampton Beach drivers looking for a luxury performance EV should take a serious look at the Jaguar I-Pace. With an impressive range of 234 miles per charge, it's hard to beat this car's combination of features and value.
- Volkswagen e-Golf - Hampton Beach drivers will love the VW e-Golf for its efficient performance, with an EPA rating of 125 miles per charge. It's also surprisingly affordable when leased, making it perfect for Hampton Beach drivers on a budget.
10 Most Popular Cars for College Students in New Hampshire
As Hampton Beach college students prepare for the upcoming school year, they may be thinking about their transportation options. New vehicles can come with a hefty price tag, but there are plenty of reliable and affordable cars available within New Hampshire. Here is a list of the 10 most popular cars for New Hampshire college students:
- Honda Civic - The Honda Civic is an extremely popular car among New Hampshire college students. It's fuel-efficient, offers plenty of interior space and features advanced safety technology.
- Toyota Corolla - Another reliable choice for New Hampshire college students is the Toyota Corolla. It has great handling characteristics, efficient engine performance and comfortable seating options.
- Mazda 3 - The Mazda 3 is a great choice for New Hampshire college students who want a sporty ride. It offers excellent handling, powerful engine options and cutting-edge technology features.
- Chevrolet Cruze - The Chevrolet Cruze is an affordable and reliable option for New Hampshire college students. It has a roomy interior, good fuel economy and plenty of safety features.
- Ford Focus - New Hampshire college students will appreciate the Ford Focus' nimble handling and efficient engines. It has a spacious interior and plenty of tech features to keep riders entertained on long drives.
- Hyundai Elantra - The Hyundai Elantra is another great option for New Hampshire college students looking for an economical car with plenty of interior space. It also offers a good selection of features and options.
- Kia Soul - New Hampshire college students who need a car with plenty of storage space should consider the Kia Soul. It has an easily customizable interior, fuel-efficient engines and advanced safety technology.
- Volkswagen Golf - New Hampshire college students who want a sporty ride that still offers great fuel economy will love the Volkswagen Golf. It has agile handling, powerful engine options and lots of tech features to keep riders connected on the go.
- Subaru Impreza - The Subaru Impreza is another reliable option for New Hampshire college students. It comes standard with all-wheel drive and offers plenty of cargo space for hauling around supplies or friends.
- Nissan Sentra - New Hampshire college students will appreciate the Nissan Sentra's comfortable seating and good fuel economy. It has a roomy interior, plenty of features and advanced safety technologies.
Top 5 Car Rental Apps in New Hampshire
If you're looking for a car rental option in Hampton Beach, then you'll be pleased to know there are plenty of apps to choose from. Here is a list of the top 5 car rental apps available in New Hampshire:
- Zipcar - Offering cars and vans on-demand, Zipcar gives New Hampshire residents access to more than 11,000 vehicles across the state.
- Avis - With locations throughout New Hampshire and convenient pick up options, Avis is one of the most popular car rental companies in the area.
- Hertz - From economy cars to luxury SUVs, Hertz has something for everyone at their New Hampshire locations.
- Enterprise - Offering a wide selection of cars and trucks, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is one of New Hampshire's top car rental providers.
- Thrifty - With competitive rates and special discounts available, Thrifty offers New Hampshire customers great deals on their car rentals.
Top 5 Road Trips in and Around New Hampshire
New Hampshire is an excellent destination for road trips, with plenty of stunning scenery to explore. From the White Mountains and their rugged peaks, to the wide-open spaces of the Lakes Region, New Hampshire has something for everyone. Here are some of the top 5 road trips in New Hampshire that you can take:
- The Kancamagus Highway: This scenic route stretches 35 miles through New Hampshire's White Mountain National Forest and passes by many stunning vistas and waterfalls. The trip starts in Lincoln at the base of Mt. Washington and ends in Conway near North Conway Village.
- Franconia Notch State Park: This park offers a beautiful drive over 18 miles that winds around Franconia Notch and offers incredible views of the New Hampshire countryside. Stop at landmarks like The Basin, Eagle Cliff, and Echo Lake to take in New Hampshire's unique beauty.
- The New Hampshire Seacoast: Start your road trip in Portsmouth, New Hampshire's oldest city, and make your way up the coast stopping at quaint towns all along the way. Be sure to take detours through some of New England's most beautiful seashore parks such as Odiorne State Park and Hampton Beach State Park.
- Monadnock Region: This area is a great spot for a leisurely day trip offering views of Mount Monadnock and numerous rural villages like Dublin and Harrisville. Don't forget to sample the local New Hampshire delicacies such as cheddar cheese and maple syrup.
- Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region: Start your road trip from Hanover, New Hampshire and explore the New Hampshire countryside as you make your way down scenic roads to Lake Sunapee. Stop in New London to experience a classic New England town and grab a bite of lunch at one of the many restaurants along the way.
5 Companies That Will Insure an Uber or Lyft in New Hampshire
New Hampshire is a great place to be an Uber or Lyft driver. However, it's important for drivers in Hampton Beach to find the right insurance coverage for their business. Luckily, New Hampshire has some great companies that specialize in providing insurance specifically for Hampton Beach rideshare drivers. Here are 5 of the best:
- Geico - Geico offers a special rideshare insurance policy designed specifically for Hampton Beach drivers who use their own vehicles for commercial purposes. It covers all of your bases, from liability and collision coverage to medical payments and uninsured motorist protection.
- Allstate - Allstate offers New Hampshire residents access to its Rideshare Edge program, which gives Hampton Beach drivers access to enhanced benefits such as 24/7 roadside assistance, access to a dedicated rideshare customer service line and flexible payment options.
- Progressive - Hampton Beach drivers who choose Progressive for their rideshare insurance get the convenience of working with one provider for both personal and business auto coverage. It offers competitive rates and plenty of discounts, making it a great option for Hampton BeachUber and Lyft drivers.
- State Farm - State Farm is well known for its affordable auto insurance policies, and its New Hampshire Rideshare Insurance Program is no exception. Drivers in New Hampshire can take advantage of special features like unlimited medical payments coverage, rental car reimbursement and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist protection up to $1 million.
- USAA - New Hampshire residents who are members of the USAA military family can access its rideshare insurance program. It offers comprehensive coverage, including personal liability and medical payments, as well as 24/7 roadside assistance and other value-added services.
Whether you're a Hampton Beach resident or just visiting, make sure to research your options carefully before deciding on an insurance policy for your Uber or Lyft business. The right coverage will ensure that you have peace of mind knowing you are protected in the event of an accident or other incident.
Top 10 Driving Infractions and Their Associated Insurance Increases in New Hampshire
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): New Hampshire law mandates that any person who is convicted of a DUI must be sentenced to a minimum jail time of one year and be fined up to $2,000. Drivers will also have their license suspended for at least six months and may face an insurance rate increase of up to 30%.
- Refusal to Submit to Chemical Testing: If you are pulled over in New Hampshire and refuse chemical testing when requested by law enforcement, it can result in a fine of up to $500 and a license suspension of up to 18 months, with an insurance rate increase of 10-20%.
- Speeding: A single speeding ticket in New Hampshire can result in a fine of up to $1,000 and an insurance rate increase of 4-13%.
- Fleeing or Eluding the Police: New Hampshire has one of the toughest laws in the country when it comes to fleeing or eluding law enforcement. It is considered a felony offense with penalties including fines of up to $2,500 and an insurance rate increase of 15-25%.
- Reckless Driving: New Hampshire classifies this infraction as a misdemeanor offense with fines ranging from $100-$1000 and an insurance rate increase of 10-20%.
- Unlicensed Operation: New Hampshire requires drivers to have valid driver's licenses at all times. If you are caught operating a vehicle without the proper credentials, you can be subject to fines of up to $1,000 and an insurance rate increase of 15-25%.
- Driving Without Insurance: New Hampshire requires all vehicles registered in the state to have proof of liability insurance. If you are found operating a vehicle without valid insurance coverage, you may face fines ranging from $500-$1000 and an insurance rate increase of 20-30%.
- Hit and Run: New Hampshire law holds that any driver involved in an accident must remain at the scene until police arrive or otherwise face criminal charges. The associated fine for hit and run is up to $2,000 with potential jail time of one year and an insurance rate increase of 15-25%.
- Passing a School Bus: New Hampshire law requires that vehicles behind school buses stop while the bus is stopped and students are in the process of entering or exiting the vehicle. Fines for passing a school bus range from $500-$1,000 with an insurance rate increase of 4-13%.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals: New Hampshire requires all drivers to obey traffic signals and failure to do so can result in fines ranging from $50-$400 and an insurance rate increase of 4-13%.
Credit Score Categories and Their Average Insurance Rates in New Hampshire
In Hampton Beach, the average insurance rates vary depending on your credit score. The following are the different credit score categories and their respective average insurance rates in New Hampshire:
- Excellent Credit (800-850): On average, Hampton Beach drivers with an excellent credit score pay between $755 and $1,519 annually for car insurance.
- Good Credit (740-799): Drivers with a good credit score can expect to pay around $884 - $1,842 per year for auto insurance in New Hampshire.
- Fair Credit (680-739): If you have fair credit in New Hampshire, you should budget around $1,065 -$2,350 annually on car insurance.
- Poor Credit (300-679): Hampton Beach drivers with poor credit typically pay between $2,350 and $4,829 for car insurance each year.
In Hampton Beach New Hampshire, it's important to understand how your credit score can affect your car insurance rates. Knowing the different categories and their respective average rates can help you make an informed decision when choosing a car insurance provider. It's also wise to shop around and compare quotes from multiple providers to ensure that you're getting the best rate possible.
Going with a National Company vs a Local Broker or Agent
Choosing between a national insurance company and a local agent or broker for the best deal can be a nuanced decision, largely dependent on your individual needs and circumstances. National insurance companies have their advantages. They typically offer a wider variety of products and services, and may provide discounts for bundling different types of insurance such as auto, dwelling, and life. These companies usually have extensive customer service departments, often available 24/7, and their digital platforms for quotes, policy management, claims, and payments are usually quite comprehensive. However, the trade-off might be less personalized service. Since you're more likely to deal with different customer service representatives each time, building a relationship with your insurer could be more challenging. Additionally, national insurers may not fully comprehend the specific insurance needs and risks of your local area.
On the other hand, local agents and brokers can offer more personalized service and the opportunity to build a longstanding relationship. They can guide you through the intricacies of insurance policies, assist with claims, and are generally more attuned to the particular risks and insurance needs of your locality. Brokers, representing multiple insurance companies, are in a position to shop around for the best deal for you. To get an idea of how much rates can vary by zip code you could compare ones such as 29520, 84726, 08989, 20331, 52043, 03897, 67954, 29910, 27306, and 45999. However, their range of products may not be as wide as national insurers, and their operating hours might not be as flexible. Also, customer service may not be available round the clock. In terms of digital accessibility, their platforms may not be as user-friendly or feature-rich as those of larger, national companies.
In conclusion, the better option is largely dependent on your preferences. If a personal relationship and local expertise is valued, a local agent or broker could be your best bet. Conversely, if you prefer the convenience of digital tools, round-the-clock customer service, and a broader range of products, then a national insurance company might be the right choice. It's always prudent to compare quotes from different sources before making a decision.